“Great vegan options ”

Bara Menyn Bakehouse & Cafe
Ranked #6 of 55 Restaurants in Cardigan
Description: Independent artisan bakery and cafe, specialising in slow-fermentation, sourdough breads and fresh, locally-sourced breakfasts and lunches; speciality coffee, amazing cakes and pastries, in a charming old building, with a hidden patio garden out the back (suitable for those with dogs).
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place whilst staying near Cardigan on a family holiday. As a group of veggies, vegans and omnis (& all big foodies !!) it is often challenging to find somewhere that ticks all the boxes and this place did just that. The menu is concise and excellent. We tried most of the lunch specials between us - bruschetta(pictured), frittata, falafel pitta, Brie sandwich. All were beautiful. We had breakfast here also on our last day and the veggie and vegan cooked breakfasts(pictured)were excellent - with homemade brown sauce, beans, cashew lebneh ( which id not tried before). We bought some loaves of sourdough to take home as well as it was so tasty. I highly recommend this place to everyone and it is one of the main reasons I am sad my holiday had to end !!

1  Thank Ameliemace

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

Bara Menyn is worth finding. We had a great lunch in this busy yet relaxed bakery. The menu is vegetarian with some very tempting options. The frittata with courgette/mint/feta that I had was superb. Great coffee too, and the bonus of picking up some local gin/beer to take away. Recommended.

1  Thank bellamyonabike
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch after reading reviews on TA. Excellent! The staff are lovely, the kitchen and seating area open plan so you can see your grub being prepared. Great specials menu including a pea, feta and mint frittata and the most excellent slow roast tomato and pesto bruschetta with pine nut kernels. The vegan chocolate and ginger cake rounded things off a treat and for ten quid a head you couldn’t really ask for more. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Pigsear65
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We never got to find out how good this place really was due to chaotic queuing/ordering/getting a table process. Shame.

Reviewed 3 August 2018 via mobile

If you want a small, friendly cafe for a quick lunch, look no further. Not a bad looking menu, but more importantly, delicious food with stacks of flavour, colour and texture, good coffee list and some really nice home-baked breads. I’ve said this on other reviews, but vegetarians and vegans naturally put much more thought and lots of love into their cooking, and here at Bara Menyn it really shows. Even the way the simple side salad is dressed shows attention to detail.

I also love the eclectic interior, the old-fashioned bakery feel and the buzz that comes with a busy restaurant. Attentive staff too.

I’ve had a delicious lunch, I’m full, I’m happy and it didn’t break the bank so full marks for value-for-money. I’ll come back here without a doubt.

1  Thank Rogerofsouthwark