1,682 results
All reviewssignature roomstandard roomgarden lodgeevening entertainmententertainment teamage grouptribute bandentertainment hallline dancingwaiter servicenight breakmain buildingolder peopleleisure facilitiesbuilding workroyale roommulberry lounge
Reviewed 18 January 2018

We are concierge members and we always enjoyed the holidays so it's a big disappointment to us on our last holiday.
We were given only a couple of weeks notice of pool closure. Grounds shared by Castle in parts. One noisy family came to playpark and woods and then they invaded the gardens and 'played' on the croquet lawn. Child free policy?
Buffet area is like a scrum. With 500 covers there is not enough space around it for people to manoeuvre with hot food safely.
On booking we were not aware there was no lift to our room. It was a signature but poor standard. The towel rail was not working so we had to request clean towels very time we wanted a shower and the bathroom was always cold. The management just requested more towels and an engineer said the rail was controlled by an outside thermometer. We only had access to main building from outside. Thank goodness the weather was dry! There were other issues but I won't keep you further.
We did get a letter of apology with a voucher toward another holiday but sadly we will not book again, it's too big and they cater for profit not you now.
By the way, if you like holiday reminders, sale leaflets and invites then book a holiday and see the deluge of them through your letterbox! It seemed like I received something from them everyday over Christmas.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SandraG5000
ClaireFletcherGM, General Manager at Warner Leisure Hotels Bodelwyddan Castle Historic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Hello,

I am sorry to hear that your holiday did not meet your expectations and that you would not return to us..

I can assure you that your feedback has been taken on board. We hope to see you enjoying another Warner hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 January 2018

went on the 3rd of november have been a couple of times before and had a good time on both visits but this was third time unlucky for me Myself and my wife were not awear of the new health and safety rules and did not order a bath mat.On the first night after my wife had her shower i followed,.the bath was very hight and the shower not very good as i turned around i slipped.The bang was terrific,the first thing i remember is my wife standing over me and looking down to see all the blood(,the bang was so loud the people from next door came round to see what was wrong).My wife ran to reception to get help.With my head split open and pouring with blood help arrived straight away in the form of the under manager with a first aid box.I at this time am sitting on a chair in the room on my second towel full of blood.On opening his box of tricks the said under manager askes have you any cotten wool or lint,the sole contents of his first aid box were two finger plasters which he then stuck in a cross, over the split in my skull,but he was kind enough to comment on what a great pair of jorden flip flops i was wearing,Id get stitches in that if i were you he said and disapppeared out the door.my wife helped me dress and we made are way to reception with very little help we got a taxi to Rhyl hospital were after three hours i had my head glued and three stitches.All warners were interested in was me to fill in a accident report next day which i did but after asking every day i was there for a copy i still never got one,even when i got home after phoning the camp and head office many times one to another i gave up.it is now the 17th of jan and after two visits to my doctor and two visits to Good Hope hospital i have gone my first week without a head ache.Apart from all this it was a good weekend and after all i dident get a foot infection. One last thing the catering,bar staff and room maids were great.

Room Tip: get a bath mat
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank bruce1405

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to offer your valued feedback.

I was so sorry to read of your accident and sincerely hope you have now made a full recovery.We do offer rubber bath mats on request should a guest require one.

I do hope this unfortunate situation has not clouded your judgement of our hotel and that we will be able to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

We have just returned from a great Motown and soul weekend, we are a big group of 13 and always have a good time at these Warners Breaks, enjoying the things that are available such as the Archery Shooting Quizzes dance classes and many more. The standard is always very high, good choice of food on the menu and the great entertainment.Staff very pleasant , We shall return !

Room Tip: Signature rooms are good
Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple

Hello,

And we will be delighted to welcome you all back!
It certainly seems you all made full use of everything we offer. Thank you for your kind feedback.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

Bodelwyddan Castle is a Warner's hotel in North Wales. They cater for adults only The evening buffets and breakfasts were excellent, with a good selection of food which must have catered for just about everyone. Good live entertainment in the evening and a spa area with swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Ideal for us senior members of society.
However, one fly in the ointment was a receptionist who appeared stone faced. It's amazing how one person can put a damper on what had so far been a lovely holiday. It all happened when we realised we had not received a pair of slippers, a bottle of wine and bath robes, which should have been in place in our room on arrival. I therefore approached the receptionist, who made me feel about as welcome as a porcupine at a nudists wedding. She even hinted that we may have drunk the wine and not remembered. So with that insult resonating in my mind I spoke to a chamber maid who arranged it for me. I have briefly mentioned it to Warner's but all I received was. " We are to hear etc. etc. We also had a problem on our next Warner's holiday, Nidd Hall, in that someone had occupied our reserved parking space. But nothing was done, but to put a notice on their car. However, I was given a parking place, but to add insult to injury, a notice was placed on my car asking me to move to a designated parking area. All this hassle creates anxiety and does nothing to promote a happy holiday. Maybe Warner's hotels is not for us. They are too big.

9  Thank Hollypompom

Hello,

Thank you for your review. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed the food,entertainment and leisure facilities.

I apologise if you had an issue with a team member, this is certainly not the norm and I will investigate further.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Good break, great fun, good entertainment and activities the food was excellent t and the staff very attentive the castle is very close to places of interest like Llamberris and Snowdon and Llandudno and Anglesey

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank DavidS66Burntwood

Hello,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your short break. I am delighted you enjoyed yourselves and hope to welcome you back again soon.