See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

Nice place low wifi and pool cleaning low but other wise great place to vacation has 2 restaurants eatery for breakfast lunch and dinner has entertainment every night has a pool side coctail bar spa you can get massages facials and manicures pedicures and a water side in the facility hope you enjoy your stay their.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2016

First of all the resort needs to refurbishing, there was not even a kettle in the room. Corridors were dusty. Room was okay, clean overall. No complaints about that. Pools were lovely and clean. Downfall, the food was dissapointing. Combinations and choices were bland and didnt look at all appealing. After suffering the first day and have my little girls age 3 and 4 eat dry pasta we decided to pay the Tour (Anphil tours) persons to take us out for the next two nights so that we can have a meal at Restaurants at Sambil Mall. I must say that Amy and her Team was the best part of the weekend. They were great and on time and very helpful. Thanks to them we survived. Lunches were just as bad as dinner and breakfast , no butter on first morning and there was never any soft drinks or iced tea as advertised in the buffet restaurant, Pizza restaurant was closed on the first day.The beach bar was ok, not bad. Only watered down juice form the stale fruit the day before. PLUS the smell of the Chipichipi Buffet was upsetting.The scent was awful! The toilets on the compound were unsanitary and there was no tissue or even soap.

Let me end by saying that my entire family came back with a stomach viral infection that lasted for 7 days.
Persons who we met departing also told us of their Laguna Mar experience the same weekend where they got food poisoning and a Doctor had to be called in. Imagine the Doctor who attended to them said to them that they should not eat the fruits and the Salad

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2016 via mobile

Its such a shame that one of my very good friends and i invested our savings into a vacation in Hotel Lagunamar for the outcome we got. While sleeping at 2.40am our entire room celing collapsed on us. On top of us, every square inch of the ceiling. We were awoken but a noise from the ceiling and immediately thats when it happened at the blink of an eye. I had honestly thought that the building was falling and not the ceiling. I had prepared myself to die mentally in that split second. It was a very emotional and tramautising experience. We got medical attention the day after to relieve the pain from our injuries that seemed not important to the hotel. They were more concerned of the loss of the functionality of one of their rooms. We were given another room to stay in for the rest of our time which had leaks from the ceilings. We were not conpensated in anyway whatsoever. We recieved nothing from the hotel at all. Our travel agency which tried assisting us in publishing a story in venezuela was threatened. Myself and 40 other trinidadians on that same group were all sick from food poisioning. Every meal was a stomach ache. The hotel is not sanitary. Please do not visit Hotel Lagunamar in Magarita for your own safety.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Vishwanath S
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Hello everyone , I am writing these few lines about my recent visit to LAGUNA MAR, hotel in margarita. First of all I would like to say the hotel staff is just ,great and very helpful, the grounds and swimming pool excellent , food very good and plentiful, room especially the bathroom needs upgrading, broken bathroom fittings poor shower heads. Also had a terrible experience with the girl working in EXCURSIONES AND VIAGES in the hotel lobby, having offered to change US DOLLARS INTO B'S for me I gave her 100 US DOLLARS to change , having brought the B'S and rest it on table I proceeded to put it in my bag , when she told me that I have to give her one hundred U.S DOLLARS, I told her that I just gave you the money , she said no, and a commotion ensued , when she saw that the situation was getting serious . she then plucked the money from somewhere in her office, and said she was sorry ,but by that time I was very angry , and did not care about that ,a complaint was made to management of the hotel , indicating to them what was attempted robbery , never to deal with her again. so flks be warned it can happen in the hotel also. Please be guided accordingly.

Room Tip: Rooms in the south tower are better I think.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 28 September 2015 via mobile

Flight delay to get back from margarita was horrible! No Ac at the airport made the wait more uncomfortable
Food .. Good
Pools.. Dirty
Bar... Most were quite good with the exception of the one at the waterfall pool that had a horrible scent.
Rooms.. Quite cozy
Staff.. Friendly
The spa was amazing!!!
Shopping was great, short but great
Went dolphin swimming and that was quite an experience was USD 60 with our tour guides but later found out it was jus USD $25 if u went alone, which would have been better seeing that taxis are provided by the hotel for USD $1

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple