LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas
US$42
US$30
Cancelon
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$38/night.

US$169
JW Marriott
US$324
US$259
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$292/night.

All reviewsshopping mallgreat hotelcomfortable roomsroom servicespabusinessratecountry
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Perhaps the cheaper 5 stars hotel in Caracas right now. it doesnt have the facilities and amenities that other 5 stars hotel in the city, but for the price is quite ok what you get. They could do a better buffet breakfast, but besides that everything else was standard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. We appreciate your comments. We would like to mention that the only difference between us and the other properties around town is that we do not offer a swimming pool at this location. All of our other hotels across Venezuela offer swimming pools and hot tubs.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Safe hotel, clean rooms, good mattresses, friendly staff. The breakfast buffet is pretty poor though. One of the best hotels in town but no pool. Great fitness club though.

As a general comment, at the official exchange rate which is the one that visitors will pay when settling the bill or pay by credit card, hotel prices in Caracas are pretty ridiculous throughout. My room was an equivalent of USD 550 - I would have gotten a much better room in a much better hotel in New York for the same money, for example. You should avoid this city like the plague unless you need to be there on business. It's not safe to walk around even in broad daylight.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank paddy_oo
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for your candid review of our hotel. You mentioned the breakfast buffet was not to your liking. Are there certain items you would like us to add to the menu? The buffet is a traditional Venezuelan breakfast with items such as eggs (made to order), Arepas (cornmeal turnovers), bacon, ham, etc. We also offer cereal, fruit juices, etc. If your looking for corned beef hash or even hash browns, those items will be difficult to find anywhere in the country.

We would like to mention that guests wishing to pay in US Dollars that are looking to avoid the exchange rate fiasco can make a reservation using a prepaid rate in US Dollars that is not subject to currency exchanges. This is the easiest solution.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was born and raised in Caracas and moved to the US 4 years ago. Ever since I moved and I have to go to Caracas during this 4 years I have been going to Lidotel and let me tell you, this is the best place by far in this city. For me I can call it my second home, and I really miss the hotel when I left, specially after a long stay.

Rooms are HUGE!!!, beds are cozy, every room has a delightful decoration and you can count in an ice cold A/C when you want it. Breakfast is from another world!! Restaurant in general has one of the best views in the city and one of the best food also.

This is the ONLY PLACE in Caracas where you can just go down stairs and find what ever you need with out leaving the hotel property, that in Caracas is PRICELESS.

Gym is absolutely amazing, haven't seen one not even close to this in the US...

No better place to go!

Room Tip: If you really depend on your cell phone during your stay, ask for rooms located on the outside, rooms facing the mall have terrible cell signal.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Alberto J
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Thank you for kind review of our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to write such positive things about us. We couldn't have said it any better. The rooms are the largest in the city, guaranteed.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Hotels in Caracas are generally expensive so this review is very much in context with that. The hotel is comfortable and the room was large, however it was a little 'tired' and in much need of refurbishment.
The public areas are great and the service is very good there also, however the room could be much improved with a little attention such as fixing damaged furniture. Also the mini-bar was empty with a note that if I wanted one, it would be stocked. No problem I guess, but at this level should you have to request your mini-bar to be filled?
I ordered room service one evening (a simple pizza) to be called back 40mins later that the ovens were u/s and did I want something else. Not great really.
Don't get me wrong, this is a good hotel and the service friendly but I think it is fighting a little above its weight in the term of luxury service.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scott_UK125

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you might have experienced. We would like to mention that we have been renewing our accommodations and have already upgraded all of the television and have installed signature bedding throughout the hotel. We are continuing the renovations as needed. As it relates to the minibars, yes we have removed all the alcohol in the minibar due to the fact that liquor imports into the country have become rather difficult to obtain. We still offer in room liquor upon request and also offer a full service bar in the lobby.

Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed for 7 days, 6 nights, splitting our stay in two: 3 nights in a VIP room and 3 nights in a junior suite. I have to say, I'm quite surprised and disappointed at other reviewers who have said anything less than fantastic about this hotel -you guys made me almost not stay here! We couldn't be happier with our choice. The service was excellent, the rooms spacious, refined, stylish and on the luxurious side. The gym is phenomenal.

The location, I'd say, is the best for Caracas. You're close-by the business and financial district, near Las Mercedes, not far from the center, and close to anything and everything there is to visit and see in Caracas. We stopped by the JW Marriott as well as the Embassy Suites and, I have to tell you, we enjoyed Lidotel much better.

The only bad thing, if anything, is their lack of a pool. But you have a great gym and spa, a shopping mall, as well as some great restaurants nearby.

TIPS: (1) given the location, room rates are cheaper on the weekend than on the week; (2) try the breakfast buffett -fantastic! (3) Don't book online but by email should you decide (and there[s no reason to do otherwise unless you're crazy) to pay in Bolivars at check out: otherwise you'll get charged in your card the rate in bolivars but at the official exchange rate: (4) careful with the hotel taxis: they DO overprice their fares.

Room Tip: (1) given the location, room rates are cheaper on the weekend than on the week; (2) try the breakfast buffett -fantastic! (3) Don't book online but by email should you decide (and there[s no reason to do otherwise unless you're crazy) to pay in Bolivars at check out: otherwise you'll get charged in your card the rate in bolivars but at the official exchange rate: (4) careful with the hotel taxis: they DO overprice their fares.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jr10275
LIDOTELCUSTOMERSVC, Public Relations Manager at LIDOTEL Centro Lido Caracas, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to draft a review about our hotel and mentioning our excellent location in downtown Caracas. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon.