“NOT worthy for the price and service !”

Playa Grande Caribe Hotel & Marina
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Catia La Mar
Reviewed 20 October 2012

I usually try to get the best from the places I visit, but this time if I want to resume my experience with this "hotel" in one single word I would use one that came inmediately to my mind: THIS IS A JUNK !
The Location is terrible, the service...there is no service, their actitud...they don't have it, the internet was terrible, wifi...their teck guys still working on it.
If you wnat to stay overnight don't wait yiu money with this guys...

Room Tip: I am sure if you want for an especific room, they will give you what ever they want! So, dont wait y...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 25 May 2012

I didn't know what to expect when I booked here. but my wake up call was on time, the dining room was nice and the meal was very good. the service at the dining room was good and a little slow. My bedroom was good the bathroom shower could have been improved with the soap dish was loose on the wall. It would have been nice if the living room had a TV instead of having to watch it in the bedroom. My taxi was there waiting for me when I checked out to go to the airport.
Overall it was a good experience, I would go back. I was on my way back to the US.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 December 2011

It was and always will be a terrible hotel. Receptionists are nice , but that where it stops. Rooms are bad, NO hot water , no early morning calls. 1 hour waiting for food after we ordered and only 6 in the restaurant !! Beds are hard , Ripped off at the bar , so we went down to the small shop up the road and bought at 1/3 price and went to our room .Bugs and cockroahes all over ,smell as is right next to sewerage as shown in photos. Dogs & rooster noise. Area is very unsafe after dark. Friends were confronted by armed locals !!!
Best advise ; DON` T GO there.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel .
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Turakina
Reviewed 25 August 2009

Stay in this hotel if you want to have some flashbacks from the war or wish to see why extreme communism does not work. The hotel is awful in all respects. On your approach to the hotel, notice the shady man ducking into an alleyway. That glimmer in his hand is drug paraphenalia, wow, great to show the kids. Also notice the abandoned buildings with creepy people hanging around. Consider them your new neighbors for the night. Upon entering, notice the smell. That, my friend, is the smell of old and uncleaned lobby. Don't worry, it's in the room too. The hotel furniture is from what I estimate to be 1986, sometime when Miami Vice was still on. The rooms are tired, the faucet finish is chipped and faded, A/C runs loud and luke warm, rusty metal on the hinges and door locks, floors are dirty, I can go on if you like. If you like chickens, there are live ones that run around across the street. Please do yourself a favor, sleep in the airport, it's cleaner.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank dsddsddsd
Reviewed 4 May 2009

Travel brochures make this place look really nice, but if you’ve got a choice, keep on looking.

We had the misfortune of being booked here by an Airline after missing our flight. Our room smelled musty, A/C was very noisy, had flaking paint, tap water was not clear, had a small water heater in the room ( translates to having to wait for the water to heat up between showers), furniture dated, really bad location as it is not close to anything and wouldn’t go walking about at night. Right next to a drainage canal so draw your own conclusions about swimming on the beach.

Have two types of Menu, the all inclusive and a la carte. The all inclusive offering is terrible’, consists of watery Julienne Soup, thought I’d play it safe and have the spaghetti Bolognese but had some sort of unrecognizable meat on top, . Restaurant just does not have a clean feel to it, not sure when was the last time the place mats were changed. Buffet breakfast was equally horrible and disorganized. Apparently when there are more than 3-4 tables occupied the staff has difficulty keeping up. If you don’t like the all inclusive menu you are not allowed to use any credit from the all inclusive menu to order from the a la carte, you must pay full price for a la carte.

Bath had toiletries but no wash cloth. No in room internet connection that I noticed.
Wouldn't spend my own money to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
15.6 km away
Las Quince Letras Hotel
Las Quince Letras Hotel
#46 of 86 in Caracas

Been to Playa Grande Caribe Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!