Alte Loge(Luderitz)
  • Beachfront
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
All reviewsseafoodbreakfast buffetsound of the wavessmall balconywine listghost townon the rocksplace to staysea viewa la cartebalcony doortop floorgreat viewrooms are cleanbit datedfew metersstayed here for two nights
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Had the best calamari ever in my life - don't think i will ever have calamari that good again - the food is of excellent quality. Dinner was a buffet and they also have a menu to choose from, if a buffet is not your taste......

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
LNHGM, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post your positive and maximum 5/5 feedback on your recent stay at our award-winning hotel directly on the rocks and the sea. I am delighted that we satisfied all your needs and that you found our Calamari dish the best ever.

Your support is valued and we look forward to hosting you again during your future visit to Namibia.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Regular chain hotel. Rooms are clean. Try and get a room as far as possible from the renovations. Luderitz interesting town to explore especially Kolmanskop.
Staff friendly.
Restuarant good but crayfish overpriced.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
LNHGM, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel right on the rocks and the sea. I am pleased that you found my staff friendly and our restaurant good.

Important: During our current Standard Rooms' Renovation Programme we only carry out works between 10.00 - 17.00 to minimise inconvenience to you, our valued guest. All hotel renovations, upgrades and additions carried out during the last 5 years, are a direct result of guest feedback which we act upon, where possible and feasible.

Your support is valued and please do come and stay with us again on your future visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

It is probably the best hotel in Luderitz but they could do with sharpening up their act. When we arrived they showed us to a room which was very basic, no carpet, a bit dusty, and generally unloved. We asked if we could be moved, and they moved us instantly to a much better one - it seems a bit odd to allocate a bad room when you've got a lovely one available! It was all a bit lackadaisical. We booked a table at reception for the restaurant for our second night but the message was not passed on, they forgot our packed lunch order etc.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel by the sea. I am pleased that my staff acted accordingly by moving you to another room (immediately) to fully satisfy your needs. I can assure you that all our standard rooms including the one you occupied, all share the same facilities (brand new electronic door entry system, new remote aircon/heater, new flat screen TV, new laptop safe, high quality beds, wardrobe, free Wi-Fi, sea views, etc.). The standard room you initially occupied has tiled floors and no carpet. Not all our standard rooms have had final renovations (in the process of).

IMPORTANT: Our four star hotel is recipient of the Hospitality Association of Namibia (HAN) EXCELLENCE AWARD for 2015 & 2016 - as voted for by our many guests from around the world. We do not always get it right and hence why we strongly encourage our valued guest to bring any issues or concerns to our immediate attention, which you did.

Please note: I have discussed your feedback (re: restaurant reservation & packed lunch request) with my teams to remind them to write such requests down immediately in case they are interrupted by other tasks and forget. Thank you for alerting us to this.

Your support is much appreciated and on your next visit please do come and stay at our hotel by the sea again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

One Star Review as you can't give zero!
In case you are trying to sleep somewhere in lüderitz don't come here. The windows are not closing, the shower is not working and we found Shampoo in the shower left by the Last guest. After our complaint the reaction was to send the maintenance guy whos reaction was: can't do anything right now, i will come back tomorrow. We stay for one night, which he was aware of.
In the end we got no compensation, are freezing and the Night in lüderitz is ruined.

Thanks for nothing Nest Hotel!
I hope we never meet again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on your stay at our hotel by the sea. I have read your review with a sense of dismay and disappointment. Kindly accept my sincerest apologies that we failed to satisfy your needs. I can assure you that in the vast majority of reviews posted on TA and other online platforms, our hotel's cleanliness standards (almost) always receive the highest score. I have discussed your particular review with my Rooms Division Manager to remind her team of their responsibilities and necessary standards required of them.

IMPORTANT: In my Welcome Letter in all the rooms' folders, I strongly encourage our guest to bring any issues or concerns to management's immediate attention to apply corrective action - until the guest is fully satisfied.

Your support is truly valued and once again, please accept my sincerest apologies that we let you down.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Very large & impersonal hotel with rude staff on reception, they ignored you while they chatted to each other then were very dismissive when they decided to attend to you. Cleanliness was not the best and our room windows were dirty, not all rooms have clear views of the ocean or balconies. Our booking was for a double room which we thought was supposed to have views of the ocean and a balcony, we were given a twin room with no balcony and limited sea view with was obscured by the dirty windows. The hotel was being refurbished when we were staying here which may account for the room but is definitely no excuse for the attitude at reception. A highlight was the outdoor area overlooking the ocean where you could sit and have breakfast, the breakfast and service during breakfast was excellent. Fellow travellers stayed in Bed and Breakfast's which they said was vey high standard and much more reasonably priced.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
LNHGM, General Manager at Luderitz Nest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Guest,

I want to thank you for posting your review on your recent stay at our hotel right by the sea. I am pleased that you enjoyed our outdoor patio area leading from our restaurant and that you found both our full buffet breakfast and service excellent.

Please accept my sincerest apologies that my team at reception did not deliver the friendly service that we are known to deliver and that you were not given a double room which you had pre-booked. In my Welcome Letter in all our rooms and executive suites, I strongly encourage our valued guest to bring any issues or concerns to management's attention for immediate corrective action. Please rest assured that I will most definitely be taking up your feedback with my reception manager and her team.

IMPORTANT: We have had some pretty strong Namib Desert winds recently and this would explain the sea mist on your room window. All our 70 rooms and 3 executive suites have direct sea views. Naturally, due to the unique design of our hotel, rooms facing north, west and south will have different sea and peninsula views. In regular online price comparison surveys, our four star hotel's rack rates are one of the lowest when compared to other reputable four star hotels in Namibia and our rack rates include a full buffet breakfast, all taxes, free on-site secure parking and free Wi-Fi.

Your support is truly valued.