Sanbra Hotel
Asantewaa Premier Guest House(Kumasi)(Great Value!)
US$52
Noda Hotel(Kumasi)
Okubi Hotel(Kumasi)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 July 2016

It was cheap and you get what you pay for. We were 3 couples in 3 double rooms. Very close to the market on a busy road this medium sized hotel has seen better days. No hot water, an intermittent flow of cold water, some fridges worked, some did not. Comfortable beds, the bed side lights did not work. Not sure about the AC as we used the fan but I suspect not. However, I enjoyed my stay, the staff were very pleasant and patient with me. A manager found me a guide for Kumasi market which is huge beyond belief. He was actually an assistant manager in the hotel and the six of us had a really good wonder around and the guide was great letting us do our thing and I imagine we would still be trying to find our way out without his help. He did not ask for any payment though of course I recompensed him for his efforts. The rooms we chose were quite large, they had terraces and the street noise subsided after 7pm and started again at 7am. The hotel restaurant was OK for a coffee and we had the normal breakfast of egg and toast. For one night it was fine and the fact that it was a little tatty was made up by its location and price.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank ronald00001
Reviewed 26 April 2016

I kind of liked the place in spite it's self. It has a classic hotel feel, but it's down hill from there. The Hotel staff are a fairly sober bunch. I never saw anybody crack a smile. The rooms are rather bare of amenities, I had to ask for towels and toilet paper. Flushing the toilet was a learning experience. You seem to pump the waste down with the handle, strange. In my sons room the toilet just leaked all over the floor when flushed. At times black water came out of the faucets. The door to the bathroom didn't shut completely. Here's the Bottom line. If something is broken it will never be fixed. I found that to be true in other places I stayed in Ghana, so maybe the place wasn't that far off the average.

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Brad E
Reviewed 1 October 2015

Though the rooms are out dated, the shower is not working properly and the bed is not the best one ever. The location is very central, close to the market and the balcony shows you a lively street. The food served is ok. Especially the Kebab is nice. Shame that the cocktail bar is out of service for already a year.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank noepert
Reviewed 4 September 2015 via mobile

This hotel definitely needs some maintenance but it is well worth trying for a short time stay. The room rate is inexpensive including a simple breakfast. the room came with good AC and a huge balcony. Very Central location in the heart of the city.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 April 2015

I always stayed this hotel since 2005 to 2014 whenever i go on business trip to Kumasi, i prefered because staff become my friend and i never get any problem in getting the rooms for my stay. Its in the heart of city so very convenient for me to go anywhere.Only negative point that they have not maintained, rooms phone, tap, tv all these require regular maintaince which is lacking there, but for sleep only its not a bad place. They have restaurent which is ok and moderatly priced food. But dont expect internet, wifi all those fancy things.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business