“No Thai food in sight! ”

Thaijazz Beach Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Gisenyi
Cuisines: Diner
Reviewed 25 December 2016 via mobile

When you arrive you are greeted by extremely loud Congolese rhumba that might help you pick your seat (away from the speakers). The menu is mostly Rwandan fare and some pizza and a few other things. The Thai section of their menu is tiny, but I thought I would give the Tom Kai sauce with chicken a try anyway. When it arrived the chicken was cooked well enough but there were still pieces of cartilage stuck to some of the pieces of chicken. The sauce beared no resemblance to anything Thai. It was more like a peppercorn cream sauce. I suspect no one in the kitchen has ever tasted Thai food. Despite being not what we wanted, the food was OK. The potato samosas were pretty good but about the same as anywhere else you could find in Rwanda and way more expensive.

There's a little beach and a ball if you feel like playing around.

Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

We ordered a couple of the "Thai" dishes and brochettes - the food was good, the view was spectacular and so was the atmosphere. We'll be going back before we leave Gisenyi

Reviewed 25 May 2016

The place is nice to visit, specially for the ambience. Candle lit tables give a nice vibe to your evening. But the food ruins it all. I ordered a pizza, and got one without any tomato sauce but with on,y tomatoes. No oregano and olives as mentioned in the menu. And when I asked them for some oregano, they didn't have any. Terrible food.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

We came for just a coffee at sunset. The location is perfect for a sunset, or anything along the water. It's right next to Tam-tam which is said to be a good place for drinks, but honestly this place has such a better atmosphere, much more chilled out place. Perfect for a drink along the water.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The food took a very long time to prepare and was unexciting and not very good. One colleague ordered an Asian noodle dish that ended up being basically spaghetti with soy sauce on it. They didn't have the dessert that was on the menu that we were interested in, and were not told that up front as one would normally expect if an item on the menu is unavailable. I asked the waiter when he took my order if they accepted credit cards and he said yes, and then when it was time to pay, learned that that was not the case. I would not recommend this restaurant.