US$85
US$62
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalking distancecomfortable bedborderdrclake
Reviewed 13 April 2017

I will always remember the fish brochette it is special, the break fast is pretty basic, the room rather small but reasonable. The closeness to lake Kivu which is rather obstructed, by trees and some buildings you can still catch a breath taking view through the palm fronds of this jewel of a lake!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank wberima
Reviewed 7 January 2016

We literally stopped here just for a short stay before climbing the nyiragongo. I would say you get what you pay for. Nothing fantastic but nothing to complain about. The good things though was the staff were friendly, they washed my car (i gave a small tip), and they let me park the car there an extra night. And it was a safe place.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 26 January 2015

Me and a friend of mine visited Gisenyi this Saturday as we planned for goma but out work in goma finished a bit early then expected for ... then we return back to gisenyi ... and then our hunt began to search for a reasonable hotel where we can relax our self and with not too expensive also.... we have searched almost 6-8 hotels for this and then finally we decided to stay in Hotel Ubumwe ... the best reason was the polite staff and clean rooms ... after little negotiation we got the room ... but to be frank and honest the staff and atmosphere in this hotel was really nice with free WIfi ... now we have decided that when ever we are going for the short trip for 2-3 days we are going to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: after checking all the rooms i would suggest they should go for RWF 25000 per night if you are staying for more then 1 night they can even make it RWF 20000 ... trust me guys its worth it.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank mikulbasant
Reviewed 19 September 2014

I should have crossed the Rwanda border into Congo, but the rain didn't let it happen. The border closes at 18:00. I was, therefore, forced to spend a night in Gisenyi. And thus it was my first and forced encounter with this decent hotel with a beautiful garden. The staff is pretty courteous and showed me around with a smile. The price is also within range. They also have a conference hall, a lawn and a view of the Lake Kivu nearby.

Room Tip: Upper floor on the left hand side, overlooking the Lake Kivu
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I was staying with a friend in Gisyeni and each day we crossed in the DRC for the day. We were visiting an orphange my friend has been working with and sponsoring. The Hotel was clean and the food was good. The view is beautiful. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: the balcony has a stunning view of Lake Kivu.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business