“Loved the Vibe”

Cuisines: African
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2017

The restaurant is authentic, laid back, open fire, the kind of place you can sit at picnic tables for a long time drinking cold beers. It is not fancy, but rugged and chill. We had the meat platter, and everything on it was awesome, I am under the impression that everything would be awesome. Great views!

1  Thank Tor W

Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

We have never been to a restaurant like this before. It has a lovely view of the ocean and a very nice atmosphere. Food was delicious and something different to compared to your usual restaurants. Lovely atmosphere!!

1  Thank Heidi D
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Wow, where do I begin, December being the busiest times of all I tried my luck to request a table booking (due to popularity something not usually done) as we only spend 2 days in Mosselbay for our Honeymoon road trip and Kaai 4 is one of our favourite places and we wanted to spend some time at our "special place" with local family and friends.
What VIP treatment we had. They were crazy busy but made an effort to personally congratulate us, spend time with us, had couple of pics taken and made sure that we are treated super special (then again, they treat all their customers like that).
Thank you so much for what you've done, as always the BEST vibe, BEST food, BEST service, BEST hospitality and I can carry on and on. You made our honeymoon extra special and we will treasure that for ever.
The ones that haven't experience Kaai 4 while in Mossel bay, sorry guys, you missed out on a lifetime experience.
Kaai 4, all we can say is: keep it up, stay the humble, friendly, kind down to earth people you are. You kept smiling/helping and being friendly even after running around for hours non stop.
WE SALUTE YOU!!!

2  Thank Elma T
Reviewed 31 January 2017

The restaurant is located about 10 mins walk away from Santos Beach with a great view of the beach. It is on a concrete peninsular I suppose you could say, but it has been lovingly transformed with the use of lots of sand, Palm fronds etc into an imitation beach restaurant. I must admit that they have done a very good job with it. So far so good you are thinking, why slightly disappointed then. There are two things really, firstly I was expecting to get good seafood here, this may be me jumping to conclusions I don't know but there were only two seafood dishes on the menu which took me back a little. Secondly, the owner is a very loud South African gentleman who fancies himself a wit. Equally to be fair to him he did make me smile several times but at the start of his patter he asked non-africaans speakers to put up their hands, several of us did. He then spoke for a while in Africaans and everyone laughed. Didn't find that funny because he was obviously taking the skit out of us. Moving on from this, the food we had was very tasty without being exceptional. The staff were very helpful and I would praise them highly. Did we enjoy it, yes we did....but with reservations.

1  Thank Timothy John D
Reviewed 30 January 2017 via mobile

Stopped here en route from Cape Town to Knysna. Fantastic food, great setting. Not the easiest to spot but make sure you do. It'll be worth it.

2  Thank philipjkelly