Hotels.com
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
eDreams
Priceline
All reviews convention center solid hotel i don t know up to date mixc mall high floor short stay starbucks china walmart renovation
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2020

There are not too many international branded hotels in Nanning yet, though it is the capital of the Guangxi region, so if you want good service for a reasonable price then this hotel is the place to stay. I have been to Nanning twice before and for my third time here I still find this hotel the best option, where it is strategically located just under 5 minutes from the Convention & Exhibition Center metro station, just beside a major shopping center Admiral City Mall, and under 30 minutes via Nanning Metro to local tourist attractions like Chaoyang Square, Zhongshan Road, Sanjiliangxiang Traditional Streets, Qingxiu Mountain, Folk Song Lake and also both Nanning Railway Station and Nanning East Railway Station. There are also further attractions where you can arrange for a tour to places like the Yangmei Ancient Town, Vietnam Border and Detian Waterfall. Moreover I really enjoyed the hospitable service from the staff, especially those from the Executive Lounge like May, Jennifer, Lam, Janus, Yvette, Dwight, Rebecca and Janus. Both May and Jennifer were very helpful in providing me with ideas on places to visit and how to get there, so overall it made my stay in Nanning very enjoyable indeed. Moreover Nanning is the main city of the China-ASEAN alliance and is an underrated place to visit, as it will continue to be even more developed in the near future, for example the China- ASEAN Financial Town is more or less completed and waiting for occupancy, and the city now have 3 metro lines operational and another 3 more to be completed by the end of 2020 or early 2021. Hence this is a place to come and visit soon, and to book a stay in this hotel for a quality time.

Room tip: Ask for a room with views of the Convention and Exhibition Center, one of the earlier symbols of Nanning
Date of stay: January 2020
Stephanie-Xie, 公关经理 at Nanning Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2020

Dear Guest,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and services met your expectations. We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with us. Happy exploring!

Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

Hotel is located at The Central area of nanning. Near to airport and train stations. Very convenient, in fact, it is connected to big shopping mall .
The services from the staffs are outstanding. They are very polite and approachable. In fact, a thumb up services.
Negative point is the interior of hotel room is too old and run down, you can smell the old carpet when you step in the room, bath tub not working well as well as the toilet bowl, the bathroom floor is uneven, hence you can see water not drenched on the surface.
I don’t complain to the staffs because there is not much they can do. The basement carpark is stinky, I believe it is because of the ventilation system. Management might want to spend some costs on room improvement.
Hope the hardware can be upgraded to be aligned to the services rendered by the staffs.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank jengszet
Stephanie-Xie, Social Media Executive at Nanning Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2020

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your feedback. We did not anticipate such a high demand for our hardware. We are so sorry about the inconvenience that it might had caused to you. The renovation of the hotel is on going, we will have an overall upgrading of the hardware. Your comments are very valuable to us, please believe we will provide more thoughtful, dynamic and polished services next time.

Reviewed 7 November 2019 via mobile

Check in took to long and was give a hard time. The rooms are small the shower has no pressure and no water coming out the bed is comfortable staff don’t speak English well. Executive lounge is ok. Check out was ok

Date of stay: November 2019
2  Thank Mashgiach
Stephanie-Xie, 公关经理 at Nanning Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Nanning Marriott Hotel and taking the time to share your valuable feedback.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As you said our hotel's problem, we will strengthen the advance inspection of room facilities and retrain our staff. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to Nanning.

Reviewed 28 October 2019 via mobile

Very good experience for the hotel. As English speakers we were very helpful and accommodating, one even coming to the pharmacy to make sure we got the correct medication. Breakfast is very good and 2 malls within 5min walk (one connected) if the area suits your stay i strongly recommend it

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Stephanie-Xie, 公关经理 at Nanning Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2019

Dear Guest,

We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and the facilities and services met your expectations. We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with us. Happy exploring!

Reviewed 20 June 2019 via mobile

Marriott Nanning

The Marriott Nanning in Guangxi is situated along Ming Zhu Road and it has many things going for it. It’s next to the Hang Yang Shopping Mall, and the Convention Center subway station. And the convention center is across the road.

Although the hotel building is slightly older, it’s comfortable and the staff are very responsive. Ask for anything (firm pillows for me) and the request will be fulfilled in a jiffy.

If you intend to stay there, do sign up (for free) as a Marriott Bonvoy member. I booked online directly with Marriott and got the members’ discount. Upon check-in, I inquired and got a room upgrade, even with my lousy Mandarin. I even got a welcome fruit platter.

Breakfast costs RMB125 at time of writing. But if you ask for the club lounge access, it’s at RMB160 which includes both breakfast downstairs at the Marriott Cafe (a restaurant really) at level 6, and the drinks and snacks in the club lounge at level 22.

The hotel also has an indoor swimming pool with water temperature maintained at 28C in the winter. Swim caps are required, to keep greasy hair under controlled, as the pool staff explained to me. There is also a gym with treadmills and a yoga studio.

My superior room was larger but again, there was a dearth of hooks in the bathroom. I solved this problem by bringing my own lever-action suction hooks. The bathroom has both a bathtub and shower stall. The toiletries by Thann smell wonderful.

My main grip is the TV (see photo of list of channels). The streaming (only in standard definition) may suddenly stop for a few seconds before resuming. I think the Marriott can do better than this limited variety of channels. International guests may not know how to appreciate all 14 CCTV channels.

If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member, you will also get free WiFi, but it’s really very slow; so you may want to stick to your own data roaming service which may be faster.

Next to the writing desk is a audio-visual connection panel with i
VGA,HDMI and AV inputs, with a bag of the corresponding cables. Presumably you can connect your laptop computer or media player for display to the TV. The same panel has two international power sockets in case you forgot to bring your power adaptor.

The club lounge on the 22nd floor has drinks till late. Breakfast ends at 1030am and happy hour with hot food runs from 530-730pm. The business office has two desktop computers and a multifunction photocopier. I spent a pleasant day working there and the helpful staff there lent me a charger and extension cord for my iPad when my own charger quit working.

In all, the Marriott Nanning will make a comfortable hotel for people visiting this fair (and booming city). I recommend and I will stay there again the next time I am in Nanning.

Date of stay: June 2019
3  Thank FatOldDude
Stephanie-Xie, Social Media Executive at Nanning Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2019

Dear Guest,
We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that the facilities and services met your expectations. We are so sorry about the inconvenience that it might had caused to you. Your comments are very valuable to us, please believe us providing more thoughtful, dynamic and polished services next time. We appreciate the time you spent to share your experience with us. Happy exploring!