Lowest prices for your stay
US$16
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Travelocity
eDreams
Priceline
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I stayed here 2 nights because my colleagues already booked this hotel. Even I am given no-smoking room but the smoke is still smelling in the room, may be they just hide the ashtray and name it :"non-smoking room"
The horrible thing is I was touching electric-shock when open the freezer, then I realized that water is drop from up, may be the ac hose is leak and water come out. In the morning I asked to move to other room and I go out for meeting some partners. When back in the afternoon, the receptionist did not understand and even not saying 'sorry' or other things... I pushed them to change my room, I paid 2 nights cash before.
I never plan to stay in this hotel anymore, it was horrible.

Room tip: If no choice of other hotels, dont hope too much on this hotel
Date of stay: April 2013
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Balik Papan was a fascinating provincial capital. It was clean, well maintained and orderly.

The Hotel was centrally located and well suited for the business traveler. The lobby area is spacious with high ceiling. In November the air in Balik Papan was rather still and humid. Arriving in mid afternoon, the lobby area was too warm for comfort. Luckily checking in was a breeze.

The room was rather run-down. I was quite happy with the bedding but the bathroom was a disappointment. Hoteliers should be experienced enough to replace worn down towels. The view from the hotel room was not fascinating although sea facing.

Breakfast at the cafe was just average. As with many hotels MSG was noticeable in almost all dishes. Beverages were served at the lobby lounge. Entertainment was provided by a four piece band. The presence of overly friendly ladies trying to catch your attentions was noticeable and the Hotel did not seem to have the desire to control. Service was average.

If you were game for Nasi Padang, there were many outlets. Starbucks and KFC were also within walking distance. We had the best fried duck rice while in Balik Papan. Ask the concierge for direction.

Internet connection was available in the lounge area.

Balikpapan is a growing city and there are many new hotels some of which have better facilities and more lively. This hotel is an average, tired hotel in need of a makeover and a dose of adrenalin.

Date of stay: November 2012
2  Thank LordOfKendal
Reviewed 6 December 2011

A perfectly pleasant stay. Excellent location. Beautiful service and facilities. Great rooms, quite large and very clean. The only thing was the disturbance of prayer at daybreak (actually 4 am) but the hotel cannot do much about it. I actually asked to be moved to the other side (seaview) and they gave me another room. Wonderful open-air swimming pool. the real drawback was actually the food served at lunch and dinner. Breakfast was fine, but the oher meals were quite a disappointment, probably because I am not used to this kind of food (being French). Yet, evrybody else (the locals) seemed to enjoy it... Lots of restaurants, fabulous seafood, by the seaside, 10 mn from the hotel. Wonderful service.

Date of stay: October 2011
6  Thank dtshura
Reviewed 11 February 2011

I find this hotel in a very strategic & convinient location since the biggest mal in Balikpapan (which is Balikpapan Plaza) is literally in front of this hotel. For me, I always put location as my number 1 criteria in finding hotels since I'm a female soli traveler and I only stay in Balikpapan just for one night in order my transit to Derawan Island the day after. I don't need to explore the city, I just want to find a decent meal nearby with cheap price & shop for small groceries for my next trip to Derawan. I can say that I've found anything I need in this plaza. So that I can't feel more happier finding this very strategic hotel with its location.
The cons of this hotel is the old building, old room, old furniture & old bathroom. But it's just alright & still decent for a night stay.
One thing that really dissapointment is that they actually DON'T provide airport shuttle for every hour but only for 12 am shuttle! I asked about that shuttle since I've read the previous review under me saying that there is an airport shuttle service every hour so that I expect to have that kind of service as well. But when the receptionist asked when is my flight and I answered that it will be on 12.20 am, she said that I won't make it to the airport with the 12 am-shuttle. When I asked is there a shuttle for 11 am, she answered that there IS ONLY ONE shuttler per day, which is departing on 12 am only. How ridiculous is that?
I don't know maybe the receptionist has demeaning me for being a young woman who usually don't really like to argue or debate.
So that in order to save my money for 50,000 rupiahs taxi fare to the airport (which actually I don't necesarrily spend for), I had to buy a KFC's cheapest package that only costs 15,000 rupiahs for my lunch (&dinner as well!). Sigh.,,,

Date of stay: February 2011
3  Thank milka_yk
Reviewed 10 January 2011

Good value hotel with friendly price, good location, and not considered as a "Red Light" hotel.

Pros :
- Great location (located at city center)
- In front of a mall (Balikpapan Center, Pasifica food court)
- Great deal with as low to US$ 42 (IDR 375k) all-in price for the weekend (Breakfast and tax incl.). Other similar class hotel will cost ~US$50 - 55.
- Complimentary airport shuttle, depart every hour or so from the hotel
- Staff is helpful and friendly, service is OK, 8 out of 10.
- Room is quite big.
- Bed is averagely standard, not too good, not too bad.
- Nearby money changer, restaurant, etc.
- Mass transport is easily found (angkutan umum/taxi).
- Standard toilet amenities (soap, shampoo, etc, but no toothbrush and toothpaste)

Cons :
- Hotel is aging, interior etc is getting old.
- Swimming pool wasn't really at the hotel, but located on the other newer "Menara Bahtera" hotel, at the back of "Adika Bahtera" hotel, both hotel are owned by the same owner.
- If the windows in your room are facing street, you may hear sound from outside.
- No carpet on room, just floor tile (room type : Superior, other upper room type may have, not sure about it.)
- AC isn't working good, even you put it to max cold (but not sure if other rooms have the same problem, could be in my room only. Last stay was in 6th floor.)
- No WiFi on room, just LAN access (excl. room price)

Date of stay: December 2010