Agoda.com
Gajahmada Avara(Pontianak)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2015

This is a very old hotel that needs some serious upgrading.
I took a simple standard room thinking that since its rated as a 4 star hotel, how bad can it be.
Carpet in the room had stains. Bath towels had several stains. Only bath towels are provided. No hand towels, no shavers, nothing. Only a bar of soap and a small bottle of shampoo and toothbrush with toothpaste. No hangars, no metal rail to hang our clothes in the cupboard. Toilet was too old. Actually the entire hotel is too old. Maintenance is very poor. Dreary hotel. Only the lobby was ok. Some sign of cheer. Even the coffee shop that served breakfast was dreary. This hotel seems to cater for locals, its not of international standard at all.
DO NOT stay in this hotel

Room Tip: DO NOT stay in this hotel unless you have to.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank BluuuMooon
Reviewed 18 May 2015

hotelnya bagus dan bersih, suasana cukup modern, staff dan security ramah, sarapannya juga sangat lengkap dan enak.

agak jauh dari pusat makanan, sehingga susah mencari makanan waktu malam.
---
this hotel was nice and clean , the atmosphere is quite modern and security staff friendly , breakfast was also very complete and tasty .

a bit far from the center of the food , so it 's hard to find food during the night .

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Well the hotel building it's quite old. The room wasn't very nice but it has all the things your may need, individual a/c, tv and Internet connection via WiFi. The room was covered with a dark colored carpet that didn't look very clean. The bathroom was ok, but the water (I guess most places of Indonesia) wasn't really nice, the taste (while brushing my teeth) was filthy and light brown colored so don't think of using it for anything else than shower.
The people attended us nicely and welcomed us with a dragon fruit juice, cold which a those temperatures over here (average of 30 degrees Celsius) it's a quite nice gesture. I tried the in-room dining and was quite good, even though my dish was traditional nasi goreng, good portion and not really expensive.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My mom told me that this hotel is one of the old hotel in Pontianak that I shouldn't expect something great. So I was expecting to see a shabby room, dirty bathroom, and awful foods. It's great to know that none of my worries came true.

When we arrived at the hotel, they served us a pineapple+aloe vera soda drink. Actually we have to pay for deposit money for 2 nights, but since we didn't bring enough cash, they let us to check in with only one night deposit money. A good service right from the start.

Got the Deluxe Twin for 2 nights. Sure the cupboard & cabinet seems old and the carpet is thin, but the room itself was clean. The bed also comfortable.The bathroom was clean with hot water flowing constantly. The breakfast was awesome! I was so glad to find out that they serve us with a very fresh ingredients. Love the scrambled eggs and the pancakes that's so fluffy.

The downside would be the location that's on small road. But once you get outside, it's actually located on a quite strategic area. Near Kodam (a park by the Kapuas River), and Pasar PSP (to buy souvenirs).

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank tsukisuki
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I was stay there last week on weekend, I really suprised when I saw the interior, it was nice place to stay....nice staff, everyone served me better and nicely. Nice foods, I really like their tradisional foods....
Old car, harley davidson and traditional interior make me comfort to stay and take a sit at lobby lounge.... a wonderful hotel, real borneo's hotel!!!
I recomended you to stay there

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business