“27 Waterfalls”

Iguana Mama Adventure Tours
Book In Advance
27 Waterfalls of Damajagua Tour from Puerto Plata
and up
Puerto Plata Shore Excursion: Damajagua Waterfalls Tour For Amber Cove Cruise...
Eat Drink and Be Merry All Inclusive Puerto Plata City Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Waterfall adventure specialists offering canyoning , cascading, mountain biking, hiking and more. Iguana Mama was the first licensed adventure tour operator in the Dominican Republic and now offers a waterfall tour for cruise ship passengers coming into the Carnival terminal at Amber Cove. Small groups with a strong focus on quality and safety and no tourist traps. Don’t just take our word for it - National Geographic Adventure describes us as "Cabarete's most dependable adventure outfitter" and Lonely Planet says "Iguana Mama is the top adventure tour operator in the DR "
Northport, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“27 Waterfalls”
Reviewed 25 January 2012

We went on the 27 Waterfalls Tour. Let me just say you really need to be physically fit to do this tour. Make sure you bring good sturdy sneakers or shoes to walk in, you'll be walking over alot of small rocks that kill your feet after a while. Our guides were terrific, we were exhausted at the end of the day. The scenery is really pretty and it is worth all the hiking that you do. Definately an adventure, not for someone who is out of shape or the very young or old.
We also went on the all day snorkel and that was a blast. Our guide was great!

Visited January 2012

Antwerpen, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The best you can get”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

We had read a lot of positive reviews and were not disappointed! We booked a package with Iguana Mama, sort of a customized Mama knows best tour. Everything was very well organized (they also booked the hotel for us) and great fun. Carlos was an excellent guide!

They may not be the cheapest, but they deliver quality and you get more than your money's worth in return. If you're looking for adventure sports in DR, look no further...

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Kasper V
Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very Professional Setup. A+ and Five Star”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Everything was on schedule and as advertised. Completely professional and the tour guides were extremely friendly and overly accomodating. They even gave us great recommendations on dining and accomodations.

Visited September 2011
Hammerfest, Norway
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Fun, safe and exciting”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We took the Ciguapa Falls Cascading and it was so much fun. Professional guides, safe and fun.

The wife of one of the guide made us a traditional Dominican lunch - excellent meal.

I recommend hiring a donkey for the hike out. You'll have to walk for 25 min up anyway, but save yourself another 30-45 min uphill walk.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Edvard R
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Top rated”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We were looking for adventure. My husband and I are in our sixties and researched places to go and things to do. We decided on Iguana Mama. It appeared that it would meet our needs. In the past we have had disappointments when outfitters failed to deliver and I must admit we do have very high expectations and can be demanding.

We signed up for the zip-line, magic mushroom, 27 waterfalls and whitewater rafting. Micheal and his crew exceeded our expectations!!! They are professional, extremely capable, dependable and fun!! The trips were well organized and delivered all that was promised (and more!) We certainly were thrilled, challenged and satisfied.

I must admit that their were moments on a few of the trips that I didn't think I would be able to jump, glide, climb or swing the challenge in front of me but with gentle persuasion and expertise from the guides I was able to do what I never thought I was capable.

I would recommend Iguana Mama to anyone who is looking for an incredible experience.

MP Long

PS I have never written a recommendation before for a trip...but felt compelled to do so because I was so impressed with the service and organization.

Visited December 2011