“Don't judge a restaurant by its appearance.”
Review of Hexenkessel

Hexenkessel
Ranked #75 of 141 Restaurants in Cabarete
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 11 February 2017 via mobile

My friend told me that this place had good burgers, so we tried it this week. Of course, as soon as we read the menu, we decided to try something different. My boyfriend got the lemon chicken, & I had the fried curry sausage. We were pleasantly surprised! The lemon chicken was like no other we had ever had; a creamy (but not fake) lemon sauce...(sorry, I didn't get picture). The sausage was definitely interesting.....seemed to be covered in a type of ketchup/tomato sauce, & a decent sprinkle of curry powder on top. Was delicious. Will be back on our next trip. :-)

Reviewed 8 January 2017 via mobile

I had pretty good curry chicken, French fries and a German style cabbage salad. Food was good, but around 15$ American. Have had many comparable meals here for far less. Service was good, but food took a long time to arrive, and I was alone in the Restaurant. I would say if you have the time, and money go ahead the food is not bad.

Reviewed 30 June 2015 via mobile

We arrived at the beach late and our intended restaurant had concluded dinner and become an on beach nightclub. It was very nice however we were hungry. As we set out to find food we noticed we were parked in front of this place. Service was professional and timely. Food was disappointing. We ordered soup and salad nothing that involved. Both missed.

Reviewed 4 April 2015

I ate here tonight out of curiosity and for convenience. Before I ordered, I spoke to the waitress in Spanish. She told me that the former owner was German, but that the current owner was Dominican. Then I looked carefully at the menu and saw that half the menu was pizza, and that the only schnitzel on the menu was a schnitzel sandwich. I lost all interest in ordering anything German.

I decided to play it safe and order chicken. I live and travel in Latin America, and if there is one common dish that everyone makes well, it's chicken. However, what I was served was so deep fried that I could not find any moisture in it.

Maybe everyone else here is right and the restaurant has killer pizza, but I definitely wouldn't eat here again. In a town where it is hard to find a good full-service restaurant, this was a new low for me.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

had the hexenkessel pizza(works less anchovies) and had to go back second and third time. This pizza is a slight bit pricier than some of the pizza around cabarete BUT the extra 1;50 is worth this great taste. If visiting this is a must try especially for a group.Only catch is pizza is only served after 3pm as they heat up ovens. However their list of other foods(pub style) is also very tasty.