Open today: 7:30 AM - 6:00 PM

Scuba Diving
7 Reviews
from US$50.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Review of: Scuba Diving

I loved this diving experience! At first I was scared to go diving, but Richard makes you feel super safe. He definitely is the best diver in Juan Dolio and he knows all the amazing underwater spots. You won’t regret it!

Date of experience: April 2021
RichardBadia, Owner at Juan Dolio Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

It was a total pleasure Michelle, we are glad that you overcame your initial fear and enjoyed your diving experience
Hope to dive with you again :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Review of: Scuba Diving

Came back to dive with Richard Badia at Juan Dolio Divers. I will only dive with Richard in the DR. He is a pro and extremely safe. He is a wonderful and patient teacher. My sons and nephew had their first dive experience with him and they are hooked for life. He communicates well in multiple languages. He takes photos and actually sends them to you. We have gone diving several times with Juan Dolio Divers over the years when I come down to work at the Cubs Baseball Academy. Thank you, Richard!! See you next year, seguro.

Date of experience: May 2021
RichardBadia, Owner at Juan Dolio Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello Chuck
Thank you for the nice words and feedback, it was an absolute pleasure to take you diving. I am glad you enjoyed the time in juan dolio and that you had a good experience with us
Hasta la proxima :)

Reviewed 31 December 2020 via mobile

We found this tiny diving centre while walking on Juan Dolio beach. My partner (experienced diver) took the opportunity and Rony (local diving instructor) organized very flexibly fishing dive for him, which he enjoyed a lot. We made also one family dive with these guys when our kids could test diving equipment for the first time as well as see the under-water beauties at the nearby coral reef. We had fun and guys from the centre are super good

Reviewed 28 December 2020
Review of: Scuba Diving

This was my first time diving with Juandolio Divers. It’s a small and friendly shop right on the beautiful beach at Juan Dolio minutes away from our rented condo. Richard took me out to a great sunken ship. Just spectacular! And you won’t find a friendlier or more professional dive shop anywhere (and I’ve dived in Mexico, Hawaii, CA, and US Virgin Islands....). Plus they have jetskis, a hobbie-cat and other water toys! At the moment the hotel Costa Caribe is closed because of Covid, but their shop is open on the beach behind it. Just tell the security guys at the hotel entrance where you are going and they’ll point the way! Not to be missed if you are in the RD for a while!

Reviewed 23 December 2020
Review of: Scuba Diving

Spent 10 wonderful days in the Dominican Republic staying just outside of San Pedro Macoris. Our plans were to scope out diving areas once we arrived. We found a great little dive shop just about 5 minutes from our hotel. Juan Dolio Diving, operated by Rony and Richard. Customer service was above and beyond expectations! We did 2 tank dives everyday and each dive was in a different location. Lots of new sites to see including a ship wreck, and some new to me sea critters as well.
A special shout out to Rony for all his support in and out of the water as it had been a while since I dove. He made me feel very comfortable. Thanks to Richard for his recommendations for local dinning as well! Without a doubt this diving company gets my recommendation! Thank you both!

Date of experience: December 2020
RichardBadia, Owner at Juan Dolio Divers, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2020

It was great and a real pleasure to have hosted you during your stay. We are extremely happy you enjoyed your dives in DR and we look forward to your next trip; there are plenty of dive sites we can explore :)