Sybaris Suites & Residences(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$117
US$170
US$160
Hodelpa Garden Suites(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
US$88
US$75
Emotions by Hodelpa(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$137
  • Breakfast included
Plaza Real Resort(Juan Dolio)
US$35
US$29
D' Franchecis Hostal(Juan Dolio)(Great Value!)
US$55
Caribe Paraiso(Juan Dolio)
US$39
  • Beachfront
US$140
US$77
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

US$214
US$205
Hotwire.com
2,352 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Very simple and sort of all 90s, but excellent service, terrific food and very good entertaining. Wonderful experience, will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank MashaG81
Reviewed 23 December 2011

My family decided to celebrate a significant reunion at the Coastal Caribe. We rented about 30 rooms in the hotel and almost ALL had major issues. A random sampling of problems: toilets were half under sinks, other toilets didn't function, air conditioners flooded, wouldn't turn on or wouldn't turn off, etc. A few of our rooms were also double-booked - midway through a day random strangers would appear at our doors trying to get in. The food at the buffet was terrible - and that was when you could even get food - they frequently ran out before you could serve yourself. And the hotel staff were (on the whole) rude, unhelpful, and dismissive. Do yourself a favor and avoid the Coastal Caribe Juan Dolio unless you want a miserable vacation experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
10  Thank rep94
Reviewed 21 December 2011

After a long month of working in the Dominican Republic my friend and I were looking for a great place to relax and spend a weekend with a little well deserved R&R. When we finally arrived at the Costal my first impression was good, the grounds are well kept so I thought we were in for a great weekend. The front desk guy was pretty 'standard', nothing over the top welcoming, but nice enough.

Then we got to the room. It smelled so bad I almost didn't notice how shabby it was. I've only had one other room worse and that had a shared bathroom where shower shoes were a must! We opened the window (which didn't latch so safety was not really ever an option), and that still didn't help. As two women traveling together the safety thing was an issue for me. Especially now that I've read more of these reviews! (Should have read a bit more before reserving this one). We also asked if we could have a new room, but they said they were 'booked'. I don't believe that for a second! Just based on the number of people at the beach, breakfast, etc. We asked 3 times, in Spanish and English (my friend is from the Dominican Republic, so I don't believe this is discrimination against Americans).

I will say that if the room had been nice, I would have given this a three. As I said before the grounds were nice. The pool area was very well kept. Only downside was that cleanup didn't happen before daybreak, so remember you're at an all-inclusive and people drink too much and toss their cookies, which if you get up to watch the sunset early, watch your step!

The other reviews are correct, the location is far from the other resorts (which is what I wanted) and there are a lot of sales people that approach you while you are on the beach. I have to admit that from reading the reviews I read before staying here I thought people were being a bit crazy about that topic because if you've ever been to Jamaica or Mexico the same thing happens. I still think that actually! These guys will go away if you say "No thank you!" or they will sell you a neat ring that is reversible.

The spa is OK, clean which I kind of wish we could have stayed there all night! We had a facial and hair wash.

One other note; the resort opens itself up to 'day visitors' who make the resort pretty crowded during the day. Maybe that's just a holiday thing, but it was a bit nuttie.

Room Tip: Be sure you SEE the room before you take it on. Based on the other reviews you might want to pay for the ocean view, but again, they won't switch rooms for you, so be sure to see the real room first!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank TravelGirl10t2
Reviewed 17 December 2011

I have to preface my review by saying I love the DR and specifically Juan Dolio. Where else will your taxi driver stop on the side of the road so you can by a cold drink upon arrival? Where else will the woman who runs the colmado on the road sell you a cheap ice cold Presidente and introduce you to her children? Where else will your motoconcho driver show you a picture of their new born, offer to take you to their house to introduce you, and offer to give you a ride and let you pay them the next day? I love waking up to the sounds of birds and roosters in the morning. The music is great and the weather is usually really good. To me you really feel like you are away from home.
The beach the hotel is on is beautiful to me. The water is clear and calm and very inviting- very few rocks, little or no seaweed. You can walk for quite a while in both directions. I found the grounds to be pleasant and clean. The pools were well maintained, the bars were open, and at least one of the specialty restaurants was open nightly with no waiting.
The hotel is with in walking distance (or a quick motoconcho ride) to a few bars/restaurants on the beach and on the inner road. Facing the water walk to your right for about 15-20 minutes. You will come upon some places where you can have a cheap cold drink or eat fish caught that day. (We like Don Pedro's) Oasis, on the street, is owned by an Italian man and has good pizza with a homemade crust. Face the water and walk to the left about 20 minutes from the hotel (near the fancy condos), walk up to the street through the covered walkway and there are also a few places for coffee/drinks/ or a snack. Madera is kind of a pricey place but has delicious cocktails friendly servers and a cool atmosphere. Cafe Bistro has a decent cappuccino. There are also a couple local shops near where you can pick up any essentials or a cold drink. It's nice not to be stuck on the property.
I have to keep that all in mind when I think of the hotel room itself. The reviews are pretty correct, the rooms aren't much. If we were given a room like this in the US we wouldn't accept it, but we weren't in the US so we made the best of it. We arrived around midnight, so no wait. The first room they showed us was in the main building on the third floor. It was terribly noisy, drab, and the lock didn't work on the sliding glass door. I had payed extra for a "superior ocean view room" thinking it gave me a better chance at a decent room- nope. Gilberto, at the desk, was very understanding but only had 4 other available rooms. We did end up with a room farther from the disco that was way more quiet. He walked me over and we checked the lock, phone, toilet, etc. We took that room. Although he offered that we could try for a better room in the a.m., we didn't want to waste the time. The room across the hall was abandoned as was the room next door. Twice we had to shut and lock those doors. The hall lights were not all working. I would not have been comfortable if I was traveling alone or with kids. The room itself was cleaned daily, had clean towels, hot water, and electricity at all times. By the second day you noticed the shabbiness a little less. The last day we did notice ants on the spare bed. Even without all this I will return here as there are very few options in Juan Dolio for hotels. I just wish I could be assured a quiet, updated room. IMO the updated rooms facing the ocean were "vacation Club" rooms.
I agree the vendors have become a bigger problem. (They are less aggressive further down the beach.) However a few are polite, friendly, and you may enjoy discussing baseball or the country with them. My bigger annoyance were those on the property selling the Vacation Club or excursions every time you walked through the main walk way.
I am a vegetarian and eating for me in the DR is generally not great. Here the food ranged from fair-decent. My husband had some good fish and chicken. The salad bar at the Italian restaurant was good with lots of options. My last dinner there was really bad so I was glad I loaded up on the cheese, bread, and veggies. Beware, the wine is horrible! I was happy to buy a bottle at the Italian restaurant and wished the other restaurants offered that option. Although the taste was average I always found the food to be safe, bug free, and plentiful. We did have quite a few meals off the property but that was fine with us.
I was not impressed by the service. I didn't mind though. Most afternoons we wandered the beach so didn't spend much time at the bars anyway. Javier, at the Italian restaurant, was very friendly.
If you prefer everything to be perfect and shiny this hotel (and maybe this location) is not for you. You really have to be willing to take the good with the bad IMO. I have been to Punta Cana and although there are more choices for nicer hotels I prefer the town of Juan Dolio.

Room Tip: Be patient when you check in. Check to see that everything works when you get to your room. (Including the toilet) IMO coaxing and kindness works much better than being demanding if you want to change rooms. Stay away from the rooms above the disco.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank kmjohnson
Reviewed 2 December 2011

I was so excited to return to the Dominican Rep until I got to the hotel. Check in was a mess, it took over an hour and nobody was able to communicate with us. Our first room had no air conditioning which we were stuck in for 3 of the 5 nights. Our second room didn't look like it was cleaned before we were placed in the room. There was a cup of frozen pina colada in the mini fridge. Showers were cold. Food was way below average even for resort food. Don't bother trying to relax on the beach, people were walking up to us every 5 minutes to sell us something. The beach was beautiful but the pool was relatively cold. It is not worth the money you save.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple