We went to the Coral Costa Caribe Resort for 4 days (between Dec 27 2011 and Jan 1 2012) with 2 other couples. We arrived around 1 am and the staff was very friendly, and the front desk spoke english. The grounds were well kept and the beach was beautiful with plenty of comfy lounge chairs and palm trees to cast some shade. There was a place to borrow volleyballs, ping-pong paddles and balls and other 'beach' items to have some fun. The down side to the beach is being hassled by 'vendors' trying to sell random items to you every 10 minutes or so.
The unlimited drinks were great! Some better than others, but I'd suggest you bring a large insulated travel mug since beverages are served in small glasses. The food was fair, but we didn't go hungry - the 'self serve' tacos in the mexican restaurant were great and there was plenty of options at each meal.
The rooms condition seemed to vary as our group discussed missing items or faulty equipment. Our room had a coffee pot (no coffee) that would not work, we also had a broken air conditioner and un-programable alarm clock. The room had a smell (horribly musty!) that we couldn't get rid of, and little red bugs that were all over the bathroom sink.
We gave the CLEANLINESS a 3 because although the room smelled and had the bugs, the grounds were constantly swept, washed and tidy. The ROOM earned a 2 because things didn't work and smelled bad - (our friends rooms had different problems, missing ceiling tiles, damp spots, etc.).
Overall the trip was awesome! Good staff, great beach, very relaxing - just be warned the room condition could be a game of luck and reading a book will help keep the 'vendors' away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the warm ocean waters of the Caribbean, enjoy a limitless family-oriented vacation experience. There are fun-filled activities under the sun for all. Our activities program includes water sports and one of the best white sand and boundless turquoise water beaches. Savor an outburst of flavors with a signature Caribbean flavor. These are just some of the ways in which you will keep busy during your stay at Coral Costa Caribe. The warmth of our staff is best expressed by the careful attention given to every small detail. Cradle yourself in the midst of its lush vegetation covered by impeccable tropical gardens surrounded by tropical flowers and trees. Seek refuge in one of our comfortable guest rooms; the heart and soul of the destination is embodied in its decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Costa Caribe Resort, Spa And Casino
- Coral Costa Caribe Hotel Juan Dolio
- Hilton International Juan Dolio
- Costa Caribe Coral Hilton