“not very good”

Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Juan Dolio
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We are not very picky eaters, but the food at this place was horrendous. We tried evey restaurant they have, and they were all bad. We found out that they make the food early that day and if you order then they re-heat it. Also, during the day bus loads full of loud dominicans overtake the whole place. so this is not a place for peace an tranquility. They play loud dominican music by the pool, so that is where they ALL hang out. Plus. the drinks are totally watered down. to top it all off, the phone did not work in my room, so I could never ask for anything. the shows at night are below average. The beach was nice, but there are better beaches other places in the DR.

Room Tip: our room had a view to the beach, so that was nice
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank A C

Reviewed 8 January 2012

This hotel definately needs an upgrade in the rooms, i would call it nasty unless you have a VIP room...Out of 7 days got hot water 3 times...either morning or night, we compla ined and complained until finally they gave us a key to a room just to bathe, by that time we were at the end of our vacation, other than that, surroundings were nice and staff were very nice.

Room Tip: go to punta cana
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Nora P
Reviewed 7 January 2012

Please, if you respect yourself a little bit - DO NOT GO THERE!!!!!! this is a horrible place to spend your vacation at. I was there recently with my whole family ( a husband and 2 little kids) and we felt like we are being kept hostage over there! The staff is terribly rude, they are very mean and don't understand the meaning of "costumer service"! We had to change rooms few times because every time there was something malfunctioning or not working at all, such as; hot water, air conditioner, night lamp (and the list is too long)! they offered me to wash my little baby in a bucket, since they couldn't repair the hot water problem... It was the worst experience of my life!! I felt so miserable there! they have ants all over the room and even in the bed, I woke up one night feeling itchy and discovered ants crewing up and down my body! The AC is really loud and my kids got sick because it was so close to their bed, yet at the same time, you cant sleep without it because its impossible to open the windows - its very hot and hummed, so you will end up with mosquitoes all over you. As I mentioned before, we were four people in one room, but they gave us ONLY two towels, I had to beg for a towel and never got one from the front desk people - I had to literally run after a maid that was passing by my room and beg her for a towel, she told me: "we don't have any extras,it is being washed. Come back in half an hour" ( in a very poor English). Only after I had explained her that I have a baby that had pupped and needed to be washed, had she found some other maid and took a towel from her. In general, this is a hideous, disgusting, not worth your money place. We had booked a one week stay there, but came running back home after only 3 days!!! I wish I would have never made the decision to go there! DR - Never again!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Mishel l
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We went to the Coral Costa Caribe Resort for 4 days (between Dec 27 2011 and Jan 1 2012) with 2 other couples. We arrived around 1 am and the staff was very friendly, and the front desk spoke english. The grounds were well kept and the beach was beautiful with plenty of comfy lounge chairs and palm trees to cast some shade. There was a place to borrow volleyballs, ping-pong paddles and balls and other 'beach' items to have some fun. The down side to the beach is being hassled by 'vendors' trying to sell random items to you every 10 minutes or so.

The unlimited drinks were great! Some better than others, but I'd suggest you bring a large insulated travel mug since beverages are served in small glasses. The food was fair, but we didn't go hungry - the 'self serve' tacos in the mexican restaurant were great and there was plenty of options at each meal.

The rooms condition seemed to vary as our group discussed missing items or faulty equipment. Our room had a coffee pot (no coffee) that would not work, we also had a broken air conditioner and un-programable alarm clock. The room had a smell (horribly musty!) that we couldn't get rid of, and little red bugs that were all over the bathroom sink.

We gave the CLEANLINESS a 3 because although the room smelled and had the bugs, the grounds were constantly swept, washed and tidy. The ROOM earned a 2 because things didn't work and smelled bad - (our friends rooms had different problems, missing ceiling tiles, damp spots, etc.).

Overall the trip was awesome! Good staff, great beach, very relaxing - just be warned the room condition could be a game of luck and reading a book will help keep the 'vendors' away.

Room Tip: our room was on the 5th floor of the East side of the main building - which was good because the wes...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Beaver96
Reviewed 3 January 2012

Very simple and sort of all 90s, but excellent service, terrific food and very good entertaining. Wonderful experience, will be back for sure!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
0.8 km away
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Coral Costa Caribe Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!