First off, yes there are a few problems, but they may be isolated to certain room blocks.
1. Sometimes there is no hot water and low water pressure.
2. Some units have bathroom fixture that are dire need of replacement or repair.
3. Watch the tiles on the floor in some units that may be cracked and have sharp edges.
Having said all this, we were in a group of 18 people and these problems were not in all the units ,complain vigorously and they will act, somewhat.
The entire facility is kept scrupulously clean, cleaner than most North American hotels.
Anyone that complains about the food should first consider the task of preparing three daily multi course meals for thousands of people all at the same time.
The food is not like what you will be used to, but it is plentiful, delicious, fresh, with a huge array of fruits and desserts.
The coffee is outstanding, the tea is generic Lipton bags.
The milk is likely powdered and a bit odd tasting but OK.
ANYONE that complains about the quality is full of crap.
IF you get upset tummy's you most likely ate too much, drank too much of the flavored drinks, and your diet probably isn't used to so much vegetables.
Use your head when you eat and drink, no problems.
No, there is no hot tubs or hot whirlpools or heated pools, your in the tropics so I think the mentality is that you would want to cool off not be hotter.
The pools are clean safe and well maintained.
The beach is clean, safe, and very pretty.
You may not get the room you expected, they seem to have variances in them but did you pay all this money to sit in your room?
If you drinks seem weak just ask for more booze, the bartenders are happy to oblige any request you make.
There is lots of staff and you couldn't find a happier, more obliging mass of people anywhere on the planet. We love them all, they are great!
Basically, anyone complaining should have planned a stay at a higher end resort, you get what you pay for, and remember that you aren't in Kansas anymore folks.
Good value, I'll go back for sure.
The resort does need to do some maintenance but I recommend anyway.
And you MUST ride the MEGATRUCK tour, Eddy is a great guide and will answer all your questions, it's not a monster truck ride to knock your teeth out, it's really a tour and lots of fun.
About $180.00 for the full day with food and drinks included.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Casa Marina Beach & Reef reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Marina Beach & Reef Resort
- Casa Marina Reef Dominican Republic
- Casa Marina Reef Sosua