US$76
US$44
New Garden Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$65
Bungalows Natura Village(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$49
  • Pool
Hotel Voramar Sosua(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$37
Mary Rose Condo Apartments(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$59
Garden by the Sea Bed & Breakfast(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$58
Hotels.com
Tropix Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$44
B&B El Mirador al Mar(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$45
Coral Blanco Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$53
TripAdvisor
4,211 results
All reviewsseafoodcasa marina beachbeach sidea la carte restaurantsentertainment staffocean worldred flagsnack barhot dogsparadise islandshows at nightthe mexican restaurantmain buffetpublic beachgarden viewthe jolly rogerlots of variety
Reviewed 26 February 2012

hi gang i am at casa marina right now got here on the 16 feb leaving march1 the hotel resort is beatiful last week 4 out of 5 sick we just finised our antibiotic feeling better a lot of chnges were made the food is now a 3 star there are no frige blower coffe machine shampoo face cloth mouth wash or dresser in room but still very clean whit great vews from 60 percent of rooms dont expect to mutch after 2 or three complaint you will have cold air cond.the weather is just beatiful no snow here have a good tripé G HOTTE

Room Tip: in 600 good view of ocean and not noisy
5  Thank gary h
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Tired of reading all the whining.......especially from Canadians.........it didn't snow once while we were there.

Staff was friendly on arrival, and it went very smoothly. Room was good, a/c worked fine, view was good and we overlooked the pool and main buffet restaurant, on the 3rd floor. Can get a chair any time, anywhere. Bars made great drinks, lines were seldom very long. Food was not that great, but there are so many great restaurants & bars within a 5 min walk of the resort, that are reasonably priced, that we just went out for about 3 of the 7 nights. Not a big deal.The time share people were around the resort, but you just need to say NO. They were not annoying at all. Never saw a hooker inside the resort, that was looking for business. Saw a few in there with the "old boys", but that was humorous to say the least. The three jacuzzis are awesome, the beaches are great, the pools are great.

Overall, great 3 star resort.

9  Thank JayMorrow
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This was my first trip to the DR so I had no idea what to expect. I'll start off by saying I had fun, which is the most important part of any vacation - that you enjoy yourself.
The resort is really pretty and has huge grounds! Having said that, there weren't enough employees to maintain it so the 'cold tubs' at the reef were closed all week as well as the main pool. These were opened up on the weekend however when there was an influx of tourists, primarily locals.
I wasn't expecting to be pestered by the vendors and so this came as a surprise to me, but a firm no thank you was usually sufficient.
The food was fairly bland, as is most vacation food but we did not get sick and that's the important thing :)
I did not see any kids at the resort and here is why - the area of Sosua is known as the epicenter of the DR sex trade. I am not even kidding. Walking out of the resort and around we felt safe but we were a group of 2 females and one male, and they spoke fluent spanish. I would recommend taking a taxi at night but in the daytime I felt perfectly safe. Walking around town you see prostitutes perched on stools all along both sides of any street and if you're a female, boy do they give you dirty looks! We went out to a club one night to a place recommended by our favorite bartender and the place was full of prostitutes, old white men and the 3 of us. Later in the week I recognized some as being guests of the hotel. There were lady friends all over our resort as 'guests' as well. Some of these girls look young. I don't blame them, if there wasn't a market for it, they wouldn't be doing it. Simple as that. Needless to say, we partied at the resort, made some great new friends and lots of great memories.
There are two beaches you can go to from the resort: one is public and the other private. Both have huge waves making it impossible to swim. Lots of chasing your own bikini, being side swept by waves etc. because of this, we would divide up our days between the beach and pool.
All the staff were very attentive and friendly. I cannot stress that enough. Having said that, I realized that other tourists don't tip for every smile or service - Canadians take note! And the service was still great.
Go with an open mind and you'll have a great time!

• Stayed: November 2011
8  Thank everblue1982
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The food is terrible and it's mostly the same food all week. I got food poisoning on my second day on the trip and never recovered. The drinks are crap. They don't even bother to make the drink but they come out of a plastic bottle. The Pina Colada & Banana Mama's are mostly clear and taste like water. This is the first hotel I've ever seen in the Dominican that doesn't have good drinks.

Even with that it would be an average hotel but the one thing that got me was that the hotel is owned by Royal and they have about 20 people harassing you to see their 60 minute presentation (and if you do they'll give you a certificate for 40$ off per person to Paradise Island) We got harassed so much that we ended up going to see the presentation so they would stop bugging us but not only did their presentation last for 2 hours, they then denied offering us the certificate. The harassments didn't stop there, even though we watched their presentation the people would still stop us every 5 minutes to go again and to buy. They would corner my gf with their aggressive behavior when she'd walk to get a drink or go to the beach.

This is so unlike the Dominican culture. I will continue to visit Puerto Plata in the future but I will avoid Casa Marina at all cost and you should too.

3  Thank Al D
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Me and my boyfriend, 5 year old son and 22 year old daughter just got back. I was nervous about going after reading what seemed like mostly bad reviews. I have traveled the carribean a lot and always stay at 3 star hotels and have never been disappointed in the value for the money at the 3 star resorts, so I hoped that this would be ok. Everything was great!
Yes, the room could have used a repair or two, but they were VERY clean and the resort is set up so that no room is a bad location. The entire resort was pretty quiet and I don't understand the people who complained about getting a room near the pool b/c of it being to loud.
The animation staff was amazing and we enjoyed the activities. However, the resort is big enough that if you don't want activities and just want relaxation time, there were plenty of quiet spots.
The food was good. It was equivalent to any other 3 star resorts in the carribean, You have to remember, it's not America, they use many local foods. We didn't eat at the specialty resorts and were content at the buffets for breakfast and dinner. We grabbed sandwiches and hot dogs at the snack bar for lunches. Drinks were fine. We drank the beer and didn't care that it wasn't Presidente, my boyfriend drank local rum & coke. The Banana Mamas are to die for!
The shows in the evening were good. As a dance teacher, I appreciated the details in the costume, sets and diff in the choreography for a show put on by the Animation staff. I don't know what people were thinking who gave bad reviews for the show...what were they expecting? Broadway performances?
Snorkeling was nice. We just did the $25 boat ride from Beach side.
The ocean was rough a couple of days, but other days there were times I was able to go in with my five year old while holding his hand. Remember, it is the Atlantic side, not the Carribbean side, so although the water is nice, it's not as nice as Punta Cana side of the island. If you have any specific questions, email me at bluechurchingfld@yahoo.com

Room Tip: all rooms are a great location.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family