US$76
US$44
New Garden Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$78
  • Breakfast included
Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$65
Bungalows Natura Village(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$49
  • Pool
Hotel Voramar Sosua(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$38
US$37
Mary Rose Condo Apartments(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$59
Coral Blanco Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$55
US$53
Garden by the Sea Bed & Breakfast(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$61
US$58
Travelocity
Tropix Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$44
B&B El Mirador al Mar(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$45
4,210 results
All reviewsseafoodcasa marina beachbeach sidea la carte restaurantsentertainment staffocean worldred flagsnack barhot dogsparadise islandshows at nightthe mexican restaurantmain buffetpublic beachgarden viewthe jolly rogerlots of variety
Reviewed 12 June 2004

We have stayed at Casa Marina Beach and Reef twice, Dec 2002 and March 2004. It was a piece of Heaven. The staff is friendly, the food is great and there is plenty of shady areas if you want some relieve from the sun. We are taking our children and grandchildren this coming Dec. I have read some of the reviews and I think some people are pretty spoiled if they can't have a good time at this resort! It is the most relaxed atmosphere that you can come across. We have traveled all over the world and the Casa Marina rates right up there as one of my favorites!

1  Thank butterflyass
Portsmouth England
Reviewed 11 June 2004

We were a party of 18, the youngest was 18 months old. We stayed at casa marina beach from 28/12/03 to 12/01/04. It was the best holiday ever. Lovely people, great food, excellent entertainment, lively bars, quiet bars, beach was fantastic with the gigantic waves, a bit dangerous for little ones. The river rafting was simply breathtaking, quadbiking was hilarious. We never stopped laughing for the whole two weeks. We had rain in the day for about 20 minutes, not every day. Some torrential rain in the evening about three times. But when the sun came out it was scorching. We enjoyed every minute, and we are going back this year but there is 25 of us, and My Husband and I are renewing our wedding vows, I cant wait. We have also kept in contact with Paddy, he is a diamond, he phoned us the other night, and said he couldnt wait to see us again. The people were genuine, friendly, caring, and I would feel safer walking the streets at night over there than I would in England. In fact if I ever win the lottery I would seriously consider buting a home in the Dominican. Roll on 26th December!!!!!!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
england
Reviewed 4 June 2004

it was fab great food great drinks great shows esp holliwood a must see !! if fanny is reading this send me your email i lost it !!! soz !!!

any way fanny is a staff member really nice and she looks after the kiddies on there hol had a great time recomend 2 every 1 from me denise!!*

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 4 June 2004

Mu husband, myself and our 6 month old daughter recently visited Casa Marina Beech and Reef Resort in Sosua, DR. We read as much as we could before going and did our best to educate ourselves on what to expect. My first advice is stick to these unbiased reviews. We used reviews that were controlled by an outside source through debbies something website and the honesty is very biased. Our check in was fine, we chose not to take the bus from the airport and paid the $15 for a cab and were glad we did. The bus is shutteling people to many different hotels in Purto Plata and Sosua we arrived much earlier then our traveling companions did. Taxie rides are scarey! Roads are not mainteneced so everyone drives in the middle, the more aggressive driver goes first. Mopeds and dirtbikes are everywhere, exhaust is horrible. I'm quite certain their mortality rate is very high.
We requested a 1st floor room on the reef side with a crib. We had read that the reef side was newer and cleaner. Rooms are bare basics with no amenities and very little drawer space; 3 drawers and 2 small desk drawers. Our room was clean but 1 bed was broken, it was sunk in on the right side. Housekeeping did a nice job we tipped her daily and gave her treats and lotions as well. We were located right beside the childrens pool which was very convenient as we had an infant with us and it alloed some freedom to remain outside while she was napping. The pool on the reef side is the only one with a childrens pool, though both sides have a nice pool. Activiteis were held on the reef side. No bars at one end of the resort, the end we were on, so you had to walk down quite often. Servings are very small and not much alcohol in them. El Presidente beer is very good, add a lime for extra flovor. The bartenders do not know how to make many drinks, they pour whtever they want in your glass. I ordered a seabreeze(cranberry, vodka and grapefruit) I got a cup of pina colada mix with vodka in it. Buy your own and keep it in your room. Oh here is another thing, no ice. No refrigerators in your room and no ice machines anywhere. They have a gallon water jug in your room and you can go down the hall to get purified water but there is no ice available. We took a lot of large zip lock baggies with us and would take ice from the resturant at meal times. It is very difficult to feed a baby when there is no refrigeration or ice. I would not recommend taking infants unless you breastfeed or they are already on whole milk. Do not drink water from your sink or shower but the purified water is fine for brushing teeth and drinking. We drank the water in the resturants and had the ice, no problems. I even had a drink outside the resort, forgetting the ice rule and I had no problems. It is recommended you get a hepititis A vaccine before going, the many locals have it and they touch food you might be eating.
Rain, rain, rain. We had 2 1/2 days of sun the next 4 1/2 were rain. Te resort is lovely, however, when it rains all day and is cloudy there is nothing to do. The beach is down some stirs and down a slight hill and was not very accessible with a stroller. It is situated on the Atlantic Ocean so don't expect Caribbean Blue Seas. The sand is amber, not white. I didn't think it would bother me but surprisingly I had very little interest in the beach. Take books and magazines an your own snacks. Pringles are like $5 US a can. Don't buy your coffee or rum in the souvinier shops, walk down to the grocery you will save big time. We braught back rum and coffee for friens, very good deal. Stay away from the Brugal it is awful, buy the $9 bottle, it is worth the money.
Sosua Beach is interesting. It is the only thing the town has going for it and the locals us this beach and discard their trash all over it. I was disgusted. There are some friendly bars on the path down to the beach but it is full of vendors, prepare to be bombarded. It is quite intimidating. My husband and I waited until we were just bored out of our minds before we tackled that walk. The street vendors are just as bad and there are guys all over wanting to change U.S. $ for DR because they charge you a fee. Most of the retail establishments will give you a differnt price US vs. DR. It is best to change your $ at the airport in Puerto Plata to get the best exchange rate and pay for everything Dominican. Take a calculator. I never did figure out thier coins. The hotel will exchange your money but the entire time we were there the rate never fluctuated. We went to the airport and the rate was much higher then we were led to believe. Fees.
Don't buy cigars in the gift shop, they are junk. Go to the Super Super Liquors store in town and they have a humidor with a large selection. Don't trust the street vendors. We went all the way back to Puerto Plata to Cafe' somtething to get cigars as was recommended and the guy carries 1 kind of cigar in all differnt sizes. A cigar my husband has never heard of. The owner claims he has no idea where any Dominican brand name cigars can be found. What a load of crap. A cab form the hotel to Puerto plata is $35 us round trip and you have the driver at you disposal for 5 hours. Have a plan and a map or know Spanish fluently and you will get your monies worth. We didn't, the air stunk of pollution and I held my baby so tight as we had no idea where we were going and the driver couldn't find it and we don't speak Spanish.
Sunny dys were nice, but I wouldn't go back. Maybe to Punta Cana as it is pristine beaches and I would have to stay at a 5 star hotel with ammenties and get a great rate. Oh, the food was good, many different choices and nice ambiance. You get a meal coupon for the full dining experience for 3 different resturants, Mexican, Italion and seafood. We liked Mexican the least, Italion was nice (on beach) and seafood was very nice as well. Not much of a selection on the seafood menu but the seabass was very good.
Feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 June 2004

We were two single girls who stayed at the casamarina beach in december 2002.
I must say were very worried after booking this holiday as we were two young single girls. However, i am a very experienced traveller and wanted to discover what this hotel had to offer.
I can honestly say that our two weeks were fantastic - it was extremely good value for money. The staff are very friendly and the food is adequate for a carribean holiday. I liked the food and i am lactose intolerant and was not sick once!
The pools are wonderful and the spa which jilts out into the sea.
I can honestly say that anyone who has booked this hol need not worry at all! It is wonderful
If two 23 yr old girls liked this hotel im sure others will