Casa Valeria Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$76
US$44
Garden by the Sea Bed & Breakfast(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$60
Hotel Voramar Sosua(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$38
Coral Blanco Boutique Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$55
Bungalows Natura Village(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$49
  • Pool
Mary Rose Condo Apartments(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$59
Tropix Hotel(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$44
B&B El Mirador al Mar(Sosua)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$447
Prestigia.com
4,212 results
All reviewsseafoodcasa marina beachbeach sidea la carte restaurantsentertainment staffocean worldred flagsnack barhot dogsparadise islandshows at nightthe mexican restaurantmain buffetpublic beachgarden viewthe jolly rogerlots of variety
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We have just got back from the Casa Marina Reef and found it superb. Travelling with our 4 teenagers (2 girls and 2 boys) we found the resort so capable of providing them with the fun and entertainment they wanted. It’s not a 5 star resort and doesn’t pretend to try and be one, the food was good, plenty of variety and in with the price were 3 meals in the speciality restaurants (Mexican, Italian and Sea Food) each week which broke any monotony with the buffet. The pools were superb and the Jacuzzi’s a real hit with the girls and wife. The two beaches were clean and without any hassle from hawkers. The whole site was clean and the staff paid attention to the upkeep and maintenance of the grounds. During our two weeks we received nothing but courtesy from the staff and guests alike.
I would say the rooms are now getting tired and could do with redecoration, the beach resort hotel I understand is currently being refurbished ready for opening again later this year.
I would also like to mention the staff of Aqua Centre who work on the resort, taking on the kids & putting in a lot of effort helping them scuba dive, not to mention getting me to snorkel deserves a medal in my estimation
The entertainment and the entertainment staff of the resort are good, if you like a laugh you can have a real hoot and the shows they put on of an evening whist not in the league of the ‘west end’ are good, catering for all nationalities
I read a number of reviews concerning issues with ‘locals’ and prostitutes, the latter I never saw any evidence of in the resort. As far as locals, hey ho it is their country and WE are the visitor. We found the influx on a Friday brought a new dimension to the resort; the Dominicans are friendly, good humoured and open peoples and if you are prepared to smile and attempt to speak a bit of Spanish to them they respond with warmth and humour so lighten up they are an asset not a hindrance to the holiday and the tempo and atmosphere definitely drops on a Sunday evening when the leave again
Would we go back? Absolutely, the kids would of got back tomorrow, but in reality I hope its next year.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Constructionman53
Reviewed 5 August 2010

First I found that the site of the resort was fantastic, looks very good, clean, pleasant and relaxing. There are nice jacouzis you can enjoy, 2 big pools, staff very cool with good service. Of course if you go on a 3 and a half star trip and you're expecting to have fantastic rooms with decoration and everything you may be disapointed, the rooms are clean but it's not a 5* so it looks just OK. I found that the food was very good, way better than what i expected from an all-included. The resort also offers you a good variety of activities (not included of course) but very interresting. The beach is not very long but it looks beautiful because of the reef surrounding it.
Personnaly I officialy recommend this resort to anyone wishing to have a nice trip and that is not willing to pay too high.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanVachon
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Now,
I read the previous reviews and was a little woried about staying here.
The weather very iffy and mixed, sunny and hot but then terential rain showers.
The hotel grounds and pools are lovely but the bedroom was dated, smelled of mould and the bathroom had mould, probably due to the damp weather.
The maid was fantastic, if you used your do not disturb sign on your door they don't enter.
They replace the towels and bed sheets every day.
The food is ok and edible but drink are only 'shorts', rum, vodka , the usual suspects. I like wine but they didn't have this. The restaurant has wine but it is very dry.ailable allday.
Take your own glass as they don't wipe them and stack them up ontop of each other wet.
You can only get tea for as long as the restaurants are open. It isn't av
The entertainers and entertainment was fantastic, the evening shows were excellent.
Prostitutes were roamimg the hotel grounds and 1 of them approached my husband when she thought he was on his own at the time. Apparently the American's come over for dirty weekends we were told.
The locals were a big problem, very ignorant and impolite. Very noisy and do really take over the hotel at the weekends- from 1pm Friday to 1pm Sunday.
We had our bag stolen from near our sunbed and the manager was very unhelpful and said it was our fault. The safe key was in it and they tried to make us pay $50 more for a spare key. The only reason we didn't pay is that i got extremely angry.
They had tried to charge a friend $25 for another wristband when she broke it.
They're constantly trying to make money out of you, so beware.
I did have severe food poisoning and was ill for days but I do think it was from the trip to paradise island. It was fantastic. The fish feed from your hands but we went to a tiny village for lunch and the place was dirty and had no running water to wash my hands.
I thought if i'm not able to wash my hands the person cooking may not have!
If you do have an upset stomache ask for a la bumba it does the trick.
Take Malaria tablets before you go and take plenty of tropical mozzy lotion, they are a nightmare. We were being bit even with the tropical lotion on.
Try the bicycles if you do go, they are great. Free for 1 hour. When you use the bike you don't get harrassed by the local shop owners and you can explore Sosua unmolested.
Would I go back...... never again and i'm not a picky person.
I can't understand why people go back year after year and even get married there!
It was ok but it wasn't anything specialjust another hotel that is tired and needs modernising.
Go if you don't mind where you stay....

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank saints5
Reviewed 30 July 2010

To begin with, when you first arrive at reception you recieve a warm welcome and handed a selection of drinks and people to carry your bags to your room and you think...BLISS! This is what the caribbean is about, then you explore the beautiful scenery and everythings perfect! Lying in hammocks with endless pina coldas! The pools are incrediable that look right over the ocean, except it has to be noted that large families take over, which personally think it should be over 18's allowed in the jucuzi only to let parents escape!
Then we you arrive to the main pools theres activites on all day and its fun to participate and laugh at people while they play there wee games of water polo and all is great and the guys at the pool are all friendly!
However all changes, you go to get food and its adequate, theres always a bit of pineapple to eat if your stuck and on good day youl also get slices of coconutt! the entire time i had to live on fruit and pancakes because some of the food was awful! but then what do you expect when your far away from home in a 3rd world country! when your used to a TJI Fridays so the food was okayto be fair.
It also needs to be mentioned that YES some prostitutes wander the hotel but hey theere not there in your face all the time, its only ocassionaly and not that big of a deal! There not slaggy or anything they wear a pair of jeans and their hairs covered up, not your average typical hooker. To be honest half the time i didnt even notice hookers were around! its well overstated.
BUT where this hotel angers me, is when the locals are let lose in the hotel! there like animals literaly. They stole my mums shoes, taking over the pool are and are some of the most unhygenic people that dont even wah their hands after they been to the toilet. They are the most inconsiderate and rude people i have ever met! and the hotel just covers it up as there 'way of life', maybe if it is but this take it too far... Not only d the overcrowd the place so your standing with out a seat eating your food, cant watch the local show and the Bar staff serve them first as they skip the bloody line and have to wait there a hundred years just to get a coke! THEY also steal your chairs YES. My mother went to sit down on a chair and as she did the locals pulled it away from her so one of thei lot could sit down and went flying and nearlly broke her back! thats when we had enough! I was enjying my holiday then opps the locals arrive and your in for a weekend of hell!!!
The hotel NEEEDS to sort it out!! or their just going to lose custom from the people who travel thousdans of miles to see their country and your treated like mice compared to their lot its dispicable!
That being said, its a beautiful place and a lovely hotel they just need to boot th locals out! AND i ahd a wonderful monday to thursday!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank WAHWAHWAH
Reviewed 25 July 2010

Myself and my husband have just returned from a 2 week stay in the Casa Marina Reef/Beach resort.
I has initially tried to cancel our holiday after reading so many horrific reviews but luckily, on our arrival it wasn't neearly as bad as we thought it was going to be!
Overall we had a wonderful time, the resort grounds and pools were simply fantastic and the meals and drinks available were far better than the usual "watered down" all inclusive style we have previously sampled!
I was however very disappointed with our room. The room we stayed in was very dated, with broken furniture and mould all over the bathroom. I had to sleep with a jumper over my pillow every night of our 2 week stay because the pillow was so smelly!!
I do understand that the hotel is being renovated and changes will be completed by November2010 so obvsiously the hotel is aware that improvements need to be made.

While we were there we went on the VIP Columbus trip, which although was expensive, was worth every penny!! Definitely the highlight of our trip!!

The animation team are incredibly talented and as a result, the evening entertainment was super!

We had a lovely, memorable time staying here and I am sure people staying after the renovations have been completed will be even more impressed. Happy holidays! :)

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple