“Best roast dinner I've ever had!”
Review of Queen Victoria

Queen Victoria
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Theydon Bois
Price range: US$11 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Description: food is served daily Mon to Fri 12.00-3pm 5.30-9pm all day sat/sun Beautiful pub set opposite a lovely green and duck pond. We have a lovely outside seating area for alfresco dining on the front of the pub. Inside is immaculate with a separate dining room and an old English style bar which is separate from the main bar. We provide excellent service and great pub food for all occasions including buffets which are served in our Study for up to 25.
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I never write TripAdvisor reviews, and had to create a new login for TripAdvisor so trust me when I say this Essex-based pub is an ABSOLUTE GEM! I visited with my Grandma and boyfriend at 1pm on Sunday 18th February. Everything about this pub is fantastic. Location is ideal right next to Theydon Bois station, so ideal for Londoners without a car. Tonnes of ourdoor tables for Summer drinks (we'll be returning for sure when it's warmer!). We had a 1x Roast Beef, 1x small Roast Beef and 1x small Fish and Chips. I was being a piggy and thought I needed the large size Roast Beef, well I should have gone for the small as portions are generous! We had fresh roasted beef, perfectly cooked large homemade yorkie, tenderstem brocolli, sliced al dente carrots, purple cabbage, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes and yummy beefy homemade gravy. The fresh pavlova was to die for. Excellent service, very quick and really friendly, personable waitresses who take time to chat with you. We actually ordered two extra Yorkshires and realised we definitely didn't need them and the lead waitress kindly said "I'll take those for you and remove them from the bill". I'm so impressed. I'll be back for sure!

2  Thank JessAlbone
Julia D, Manager at Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Hi Jess,

Thanks for your review! Look forward to welcoming you in the summer, hoping we get some nice weather!

Reviewed 21 January 2018

We have used this venue on many occasions always been good, very nice setting and the restoration works are lovely

Julia D, General Manager at Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review us & hope we see you again very soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Walked in at lunchtime & ordered two small lasagne with side salad which we enjoyed very much. Quite enough for light lunch.

Julia D, General Manager at Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

Hi Erica005,

Thank you very much for your review! We look forward to seeing you again for some lunch.

Regards,

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Dropped in for lunch, bar menu or restaurant. Staff very helpful and friendly, only had a main course but very good and reasonably priced. Will defiantly be going back soon.

Julia D, Guest Relations Manager at Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Hi Tony

Thank you for your lovely review we look forward to seeing you soon until then Happy New Year.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Have been here several times now. The food is excellent, and the staff are always helpful and friendly. It's a lovely place to visit for a meal or a drink.

Julia D, General Manager at Queen Victoria, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2018

Just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review.

Happy New Year