The property is absolutely beautiful, the views of the karsts in the bay are breathtaking, and the villas are gorgeous, with extemely tall ceilings and unique arhcitecture and colors. The bed could sleep half dozen people, it was that large! Our butler was wonderful, although when we were there, he was a tad overworked (too many villas on his watch). Our biggest mistake was to to visit Thailand during the week of Chinese New Year, when all of mainland China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, etc. leave to go on family vacation. We thought it would be fun to be in Thailand for the week of celebration, but it was a nightmare because even this secluded, expensive ($900/nt) property was jammed pack with families and screaming kids. We actually had been staying in Phuket at the Westin and moved up to the Ritz-Carlton Phulay Bay because we hoped for more peace and quiet. If we had been to the Phulay Bay at any other time, it would have been heaven on earth. But in spite of the out of control kids and large, loud, families travelling together, it was still very enjoyable. We just had to work hard at finding privacy and quiet, which was a challenge, even at this enormously large property. The highlight of our stay was the twice weekly visit of "Coco", a baby elephant that comes to the Ritz-Carlton, walks the property maze in between all the villas, out to the beach, where guests can spend a couple of hours playing with her.
This is a great property for a destination wedding- and many have come here since this hotel was featured in the "Hangover 2".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve, invites you to experience your own secluded oasis at our luxury resort in Krabi, Thailand. Beyond the limestone mountains that rise from Thailand’s Andaman Sea, the virgin rainforests, and the ethereal beaches and crystal clear waterfalls, you will find a paradise that awaits - Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve. Our luxury waterfront hotel is one of the world’s most spellbinding destinations and one of the most glorious resorts in Thailand. Stay with us and embark on a voyage of discovery, at our retreat in Krabi, where the natural splendor and charm of the island blends blissfully with an aura of luxury and serenity. Guests access our luxurious sanctuary from Krabi or Phuket Airports, and they at once experience the thrill and convenience of our exotic Phulay Bay waterfront resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phulay Bay, a Ritz Carlton Reserve Hotel Nong Thale
- Ritz Carlton Krabi
- Phulay Bay, A Ritz-Carlton Reserve Krabi, Thailand