70 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$406
Booking.comUS$406
TravelocityUS$406
6,796 results
All reviews diamond club food truck flow rider martini bar dc pool hunter steakhouse fitness team oceanside restaurant gourmet marche infinity pool dinner reservations mini bar teen club family vacation brazilian restaurant family suite butler service
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 April 2022

We stayed at the Royalton for a week and everything was great from start to finish. The entertainment was very high energy during the day and the shows at night were very impressive. The people who ran the shows did an amazing job keeping it entertaining and fun for kids and adults. From 8-9 every night they put on an activity for kids. Whether this be karaoke, Just Dance, or a performance, my kids loved it. My favorite shows were the Michael Jackson tribute and the circus show. The dancing and performing were top tier. On our last night, they held a white gala which was very neat and the music they played kept me dancing. Overall, the entertainment did an excellent job keeping us on our feet.

The pools and beach were pretty clean and the seaweed was only bad for one day. On the other days there was none. I felt very safe on the beach and in the ocean due to the fact that there were lifeguards patrolling the area. The only downside to the beach were the vendors who kept coming up to our chair, but I know that the hotel can't fix that. 2/3 of the pools had a swim-up bar which had amazing drinks. It's a little hard to hear at the lazy river bar however. (Esteban makes the best mojitos!)

The food options were great and I always had something new to try at dinner. The buffet had a great selection of fruit and seafood. The Brazilian restaurant was excellent and the service was awesome.

We booked a presidential suite for the week and it was a good choice. The room was big enough for our family of four. The minifridge was always restocked and our room was always clean. A very special shout out to the maid who cleaned our room. I'm so sorry that I couldn't catch her name (It started with Rosa) but she made our vacation. She brightened up our day every time she came over and went the extra mile for us :).

The cafe was very efficient and had good lattes. Everyday I would get a vanilla latte and every day I was impressed. The only thing I wish was different about the cafe is if they made the ice cream a different shop. It gets really crowded due to the amount of people coming in for ice cream.

I was nervous for our covid tests when we left due to the fact that other hotels did it very rough and I thought it would be the same. The Royalton made the test a breeze and I had no reaction during it.

The only other downsides are the fact that there's only a few places for lunch so everyone goes at 12:30 to the buffet and they can't keep up.

The other downside is very minor. There's a song they play that we heard at least 30 times throughout the week. It's called "Royalton Life" and I get that it's the hotels theme but it plays everywhere and there's even a dance to it. It's still stuck in my head 2 weeks later and I just wish it would play a little less. Other than that, there's not a lot to complain about in this hotel. It's very quiet and is kept clean. It's definitely one of the best hotels I've stayed at and I can see why it's 5 stars. 10/10 would recommend

Date of stay: March 2022
Regional C M PUJ, Propietario at Royalton Bavaro, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for choosing us for your last holidays and for the valuable time that you took to let us know your experiences concerning your stay. We sincerely appreciate your comments. They truly give us the opportunity to adjust and improve our services as well as the hotel facilities.

We strive to deliver a great vacation to all of our guests and we appreciate very much your lovely feedback about our facilities, services and staff. Comments like yours are our best reward.

We are sincerely looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, your family and friends in our Royalton Bavaro and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Cordially,

Reviewed 9 April 2022 via mobile

Very modern hotel. All mod cons. Great restaurants and service. Pay the extra for the diamond club as it has good extras. The beach is great for walking in. The pools with swim up bars are great. The night entertain is good also. The lazy river is fun too

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Regional C M PUJ, Propietario at Royalton Bavaro, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2022

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind and sincere appreciation of our resort. It is truly rewarding to hear that our team has achieved what we always strive for, which is a satisfied guest and a memorable holiday experience.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful property and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Warm regards from paradise,

Reviewed 9 April 2022 via mobile

Excellent quality hotel. Staff are extremely friendly. Jeudy from the activities team gets a special shout out for getting the kids joining in! Lots of choice of food, brilliant service, lots of space so nowhere feels crowded. Very recommend.

Dear guest,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our facilities and services offered to you by our staff were to your fullest satisfaction.

Warm regards from paradise,

Reviewed 8 April 2022 via mobile

One for the books! Domingo took care of us all week and was never far when we needed him. He took care of all our requests, getting us into all our favorite restaurants and making sure we had the best time.
The resort did not disappoint and was beautiful surrounded by gorgeous scenery and full of great people! Can’t wait to come back!

Dear guest,

Your review of Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa is very much appreciated. We are always delighted when guests have enjoyed a wonderful vacation and have left with happy memories.

Our butlers go out of their way in order to please every single need of our guests. We are proud of this kind of service and there is nothing more heartwarming for me and the Team than to hear that our guests appreciate the effort. We are going to share your comments with Domingo. We are sure it will make him very happy!

Your positive comments have been shared with our team and your return to our outstanding resort will be highly anticipated.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 8 April 2022 via mobile
Serious safety incident

On the night of April 8/9, 2023.—My teenage daughters (both 18) were walking back from the lobby to Building 11 when they were approached by what appeared to be a Bavaro security guard coming from the beach walk way. He had on a white polo shirt and black pants, like we have seen all the other security workers wear. As the 2 teenage girls approached building 11, this employee approached the girls and said “hi”. It was around 12:45 am. They walked faster but so did he. As he got closer they could that he was masturbating. They began to run but he managed to grab one of the girls by her rear. They screamed and ran to the room to alert me and the other mom in our group. Our girls trip is ruined and our daughters are traumatized. Management called, took a report by phone, and said they would investigate.