51 people are viewing this hotel
Expedia.comUS$294
PricelineUS$294
AutographUS$294
7,419 results
All reviews diamond club flow rider food truck martini bar dc pool hunter steakhouse fitness team oceanside restaurant diamond pool gourmet marche dinner reservations family vacation teen club brazilian restaurant family suite special shout butler service
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 August 2022

We arrived from the airport at around 3pm, as expected. Our room was not ready until 5pm, so we had to wait in the Diamond club lounge. Not the end of the world, but no apology for the inconvenience. Finally, we were able to get to our room, and at first it seemed really great. We had a Chairmans Suite on the top floor, room 20402, and the view from there was really incredible.

Issues - the TV system doesn't work properly, and the freezer icemaker doesn't work at all, even though we have a full bar.

Fortunately we had our butler, Nelson, who agreed to bring ice each evening. However, nothing was done about the TV. No excuse, no apology.

We have stayed in a Royalton Chairmans Suite before, in St Lucia, I suppose apart from a few decor changes, they are all the same. Except in St Lucia we asked for billiard chalk to use the pool table, Bavaro you ask but don't get, not even a response.

First night dinner - Oceanside - everything was fine.

Second day - breakfast at the main buffet, Gourmet Marche. The hot food was served cold. I complained to our butler to see if this can be addressed. It wasn't.

Second evening - Hunter, the steakhouse. We all ordered crab cakes to start. A set of crab cakes was with us within 20 seconds, they were cold, hard and inedible. They were sent back for fresh, hot ones. Not very good. Main course, a very poor NY Strip, overcooked, with cold onion rings. Got a new steak, it was not good.

Third day - breakfast at Gourmet Marche - hot food was cold again. Really not acceptable, the temperatures are way below the minimum required standard before the food should be removed from the buffet and discarded. I told the egg cook that it was cold, and he couldn't care less. IU asked a waiter if I could possibly have some hot food, and he said, 'No, only cold'.

Third dinner - Zen - very nice, although it is way too hot inside the restaurant.

Fourth day - breakfast at the Diamond Club only 'Oceanside'. Breakfast was cold, just like the buffet. I realise why - the hot plate that all the dishes are on is turned off, probably for the comfort of the egg cooks, that must find it too hot when the hot food food is hot. Absolutely unacceptable, really horrible, and below the standards allowed for operators serving breakfast.

I reported this to Nelson, our butler, he recommended ordering room service breakfast the next day.

Dinner - Grazie the Italian restaurant. Stone cold calamari. Everything else, not great, but OK. Food generally not well seasoned, and not resembling anything from Italy. My chicken Parmigiana was like a TV dinner.

Breakfast the next day, we ordered room service, and not only were many items missing, it was stone cold, the eggs were like rubber, and only 2 coffees for 3 people. I had ordered 7 coffees, so we could all have more than one cup. We waited ages for it too.

By the 6th day, Nelson was off for a few days. In St Lucia, this means you have a second butler to look after you, but this was not the case. We did not get ice or drinks while he was away. However, since he was off, I met a supervisor who introduced me to Mr Alexis, a manager of Food & Beverage, and he was very kind and helpful, and promised that the cold food would never happen again.

Breakfast was hot after that, but only for 2 days, then it became cold again. I met Jose in Oceanside, he said he would take care of cooking me a breakfast and giving it to me straight from the kitchen. I had this once, and it was OK, but I am still concerned about everyone else that eats there. I pointed out that the hot plate was cold, it was off.

Overall, we were subjected to food that was below the standard we experienced four years ago, at temperatures that varied between acceptable and room temperature. Most concerning was the service. Cold food is not only irritating, it demonstrates the attitude of the organisation towards food handling. A careless attitude results in mistakes that could poison someone. We have experienced this before. Furthermore, whenever food was below par, there is never any apology or even any excuse.

In 2018, the food was much better, and it seemed the service was much more attentive.

Worst of all was Scoops, the ice cream place. Imagine walking about half a mile in boiling hot temperatures to get a refreshing ice cream, and when you get there they just tell you, 'NO'. They had no ice cream, and no reason why. This happened on several days, and your only choice is to walk half a mile back having had nothing.

The good things - if you are loud and Spanish speaking, you will be served at bars very quickly. If you are not Spanish speaking, not so fast, but quite good if you tip enough. The bars are all nice places to be, with premium spirits and good bartenders. Most of all, Sands, near the beach, and Martini Mix.

Starling at the Diamond Club pool was a great help, he was always happy to move beds and umbrellas to make you more comfortable.

The Vibe Team,

Date of stay: July 2022
2  Thank Rogermynett
Regional C M PUJ, Propietario at Royalton Bavaro, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing us your recent holidays and for the valuable time that you took to let us know your experiences regarding your stay. We sincerely value your comments. They truly give us the opportunity to adjust and improve our services as well as the hotel facilities.

We would also like to extend our sincere apologies for the impression you may have had regarding the butler service in our Diamond Club. Our Butlers sincerely care for our Diamond Club customers, which is why we find your comment a bit surprising. However, we will look into it and see where we failed to meet your expectations.

We have noticed your comment regarding your food experience. We would like to mention that our Executive Chef works hard to make an extensive and varied menu of luxury dishes, and he usually accomplishes this goal for all our guests. However, we understand that individual tastes are not common and that not everyone enjoys the same kind of food.

We can guarantee you that your review was read with the highest interest and that the involved departments were informed to take immediate corrective measures. If you visit us again, we will make sure that your experience will be significantly improved and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your perception of us.

Cordially,

Reviewed 17 August 2022

The exercise classes are fantastic!!!! Yoga and water zumba with David and Mirtha are so good. Both do a fantastic job of engaging you while providing an excellent work out!! Love that the Royalton offers so many exercise programs!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Regional C M PUJ, Propietario at Royalton Bavaro, An Autograph Collection All-Inclusive Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2022

Dear guest,

We would like primarily to thank you for choosing Royalton Bavaro Resort & Spa for your recent holiday and also for taking the time to share your review.

We appreciate your review and are looking forward to hosting you again soon so you can enjoy our luxurious services!

Reviewed 17 August 2022 via mobile

I’ve never had an experience like I’ve had at Royalton Bavaro. Our room was always clean the Quality, service, and attention to detail. The staff was 10/10. Always smiling, always pleasant, we have never felt so pampered. We could not be happier with Julio literally the most sweetest and caring person ever . Every time we would reach out to him even if it was late at night he would immediately respond. We had a wonderful time from first day that we got there to the very last day. Thank you Julio for making this the most memorable time ever and for taking your time to explain everything in detail from start to finish for recommending us places and always asking if we were ok.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to receive you at our wonderful hotel and for your kind review. We are very pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you had an excellent vacation.

Our butlers go out of their way in order to please every single need of our guests. We are proud of this kind of service and there is nothing more heartwarming for me and the Team than to hear that our guests appreciate the effort. We are going to share your comments with Julio. We are sure it will make him very happy!

Reviewed 16 August 2022 via mobile

Me and my friends had the best time at Royalton hotel, and Julio made the most of your time. He took care of our group and made all necessary arrangements so we didn’t have to worry at all. I would definitely recommend

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear guest,

We are very grateful that you have visited us and for your wonderful comments. It is the best motivation to continue offering that quality service that characterizes us!

We will be glad to welcoming you again in our hotel and assure you that you will enjoy superior services and facilities on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 August 2022 via mobile

Kelvin Pie (Butler ) and Juan Sim (Supervisor) service was perfect! My experience is nothing but 5 stars! They made sure my stay was amazing! On the day I wanted to stay in bed verses going to get breakfast…..My butler ordered me room service so I wouldn’t miss breakfast! I would definitely stay here again! The Resort is beautiful, I recommend a swim out suite with Diamond service! You get your very own butler with additional service……..it’s worth the extra money for the upgrade. You won’t be disappointed!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for sharing on TripAdvisor this review so kind about your stay. We are happy that we have been able to exceed your expectations and that our facilities and our staff have contributed to a wonderful vacation at our hotel. It is a great pleasure to read how much you have enjoyed our resort.

We are sincerely looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again, your family and friends in our Royalton Bavaro and assure you that you will enjoy even superior services and facilities on your next visit.