42 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$444
PricelineUS$444
Hotels.comUS$444
Vio.comUS$444
TravelocityUS$444
Lol.travelUS$887
13,041 results
All reviews chez gourmet la brisa guest services caribe buffet club premium punta cana adults only section santa fe steakhouse ocean front swim up bar palm trees family resort a la carte restaurants dominican republic seafood language barrier bottle of rum
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 September 2022 via mobile

I was a little bit worried after reading the reviews but rest assured, this place was amazing and beautiful!

We did go premium with a sea view room, I dont know if that makes a difference to some of the reviews i read so I thought i'd mention that. Definitely recommend - the room/ view was lovely!

We did have an issue at check in, as they couldn't find our reservation (it wasn't their fault but something to do with booking via on the beach so again, thought I'd mention for anyone that does it through them - apparently they don't code it properly but after about 20 mins they did find it!

Also, if you do premium, make sure you go straight to premium reception which is just round the corner from the big reception - cocktails on arrival and we sat and booked our restaurants etc! I can't remember the receptionists name (she was there pretty much everyday) but she was so helpful. She helped my fiancé arrange a private birthday meal on the beach for me, which was absolutely stunning. I'm vegetarian so they made a completely different menu for me too. Obviously this was at an extra price but still went above and beyond, all the staff came out with a cake singing happy birthday!

Facilities were great, pool was lush with water beds and always being topped up on your drinks! Lovely cocktail menu! Beach was gorgeous, there was seaweed this time of year (our dates were 9th sept - 17th sept) tiny bit of rain here and there but mainly hot and sunny... just got back before storm Fiona which was lucky!

Food was so good in all places we ate - main buffet at the hotel, steak house (my partner said the steak was lovely) Italian (both of these are in site next door) and the gourmet restaurant which is on site. Room service was good too (pizza would have been a good option though as it was normally after drinking!)

We did have an ant issue in the room which was swiftly sorted by maintenance and the cleaner (who was also lovely). I'm not sure what was up with the Aircon in our room though, sometimes we'd come back and it would smell damp and our clothes would be too - we didn't say anything to be fair so may have been a fixable issue!

Lots of entertainment and access to the hotel next door which has casino, shops, gym, spa, extra activities, a club, water sports and lots more bars - you can't get bored here!

It's a 10 min walk along the beach or you can get the train outside the main entrance which runs all day and night. Wilson at our hotel was great!

Separately, activity wise we booked this at the hotel and did coco bongo (gold package - it was amazing!!) and catalina Island which was beautiful.

The only reason I've given this 4 star, it might seem petty as it's nothing to do with the room, service or food but this place has an onsite dolphin captivity thing in the sea, which looks tiny and the boats/loud party boats all go over to the dolphins so people can swim with them and interact with them - its 2022 and this really shouldnt be a thing anymore. Lots of people agreed. Also when speaking to reception they are sourced from seaworld which makes it even worse - sorry guys it would have been a 5 otherwise!

Top tips though to avoid getting ill - my partner said to make sure you constantly check your chicken/pork and avoid the coconut cocktails like pina colada - I didn't actually have this cocktail at our hotel it was on the Catalina excursion but I was so ill the next day!

Hope this helps people with their decisions all in all, best all inclusive holiday I've ever had just gutted about the dolphin thing!

Room tip: Avoid pina coladas (just do fruity cocktails and not coconut based!) Check your white meats thoroughly (not just here - everywhere)
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Emily M
Director Sandy Pfeil, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2022

Dear guest,

We would like to express our gratitude for the comments you made about your recent visit. They help us to understand how our guests experience their stay with us. It is always our goal to achieve maximum customer satisfaction and we are delighted to hear that your holiday at Barceló Bavaro Beach Adults Only was an enjoyable one. We continuously strive to deliver high standards and to ensure that all our guests leave with beautiful vacation memories.

we are very pleased to read that you did like the room we accommodated you in and that you found it to be clean and comfortable at all times. We are grateful for your compliments towards our staff, whose kindness and helpfulness is one of our hotel's greatest strengths and we promise to congratulate them all on your behalf for their contribution to your wellbeing whilst in our hotel.

Once more we thank you for choosing our hotel for your holiday and very much look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 September 2022

Make sure you read everything. I change my room 4 times when I was there , it was crazy. would I stay again I dont know. But I will be prepare for a back up plan. And leaving to go back to the airport I was trying to catch a uber. And they will not let the uber come on the property, and i had to go to the front gate. 2nd they said I can pay 30 dollars to use there ride share service.. I just walk that long way to the front gate. When I got to the air port, I saw another Guess at the resort who was also had a Premium room. And he said his ride was free at the airport cause he had pay for premium room aswell... But he was White...just saying

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 14 September 2022 via mobile

Barcelo Bacaro Beach is an incredible resort. We stayed the first week in August, premium level, highly recommend premium level. We requested and received building 6 top floor, which was perfect for us.

The good. The overall resort is in fantastic shape, the pool here was much bigger than we expected, and the views everywhere were amazing. We used the resort transfer from the airport, it was very smooth and quick, highly recommended that. Checkin via premium level lounge was so nice.
The food was so much better than expected, we ate at most of the ala carte restaurants. Our least favorite was Coral, but likely only because the fish was steamed. La Brisa was our favorite, but the Italian, French and Japanese were really good. Maybe we got lucky, but our meats/steaks were excellent. We did not try the steakhouse due to mixed reviews, but based on other restaurant quality, we should have tried it. The lobby bar had the best drinks, by far. The Barcelo rum is really good. The permanent lounges in the pool are plentiful and easy to find one, and there are plenty of chairs and shade on the beach.

The not so good. There was nothing that would stop us from going back, we are already planning another stay. But to note a few things - The shows at the sister resort were pretty bad, but we weren’t there for the shows. The pool bar’s drinks were fast and easy to get, just not the best quality. The servers brought drinks to us quickly and pleasantly, though. They don’t have any coffee service til 0700, wish they would have a coffee machine placed for folks to use early in the morning, that’s an easy change. They have small coffee pots in the room, but don’t give mugs, so finding cups to use each morning was a mini-adventure. They only had one person working the tours and transfers desk, so the lines were LONG and SLOW. If you got stuck in the building facing the pool and pool bar, be ready for incredibly loud music at night coming from the lobby area starting at 10pm.

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Director Sandy Pfeil, General Manager at Barcelo Bavaro Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2022

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent holiday experience among us, our main goal being to ensure we keep on delivering unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests, your comments are crucial in this process therefore we highly value your time and constructive critics. Our staff welcomes each guest with the Barceló spirit and strives to assist in any possible way to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay, it is indeed very rewarding to read that you have appreciated their genuine helpfulness throughout your holidays among us.

Reviewed 14 September 2022 via mobile

The staff: very friendly and hospitable. From check in to check out. Every thing in between. The room service and house keeping staff were very friendly and accommodating.

The restaurant and bar: I dined at the French restaurant (I forgot the name), Chez Gourmet, Caribe, Kyoto, La Brisa and La Dolce Vita. Only thing I didn’t like about the bar was that they didn’t have a wide range of options. Example, they didn’t have a selection of vodka or tequila. I stuck to rum based drinks.

The complex: is very well maintained. Gotta love that.

The room: very clean and has everything you need. The rooms have European plugs. So bring your converters. I love how they provide you a bracelet rather than a key card for your room. You don’t have to worry about losing it or hiding it somewhere when you go to the beach. Your room key is right there programmed into your bracelet. The bracelet is your pass to all the hotel activities. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT! Very convenient. You never have to carry a purse with you. Drinks, restaurants and towels are all inclusive with your stay.

Room tip: European outlets, bring a converter. Bring singles and fives for tipping. They charge $10 to use a blue tooth speaker. Keep them home.
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank CheCheOle0829
Reviewed 13 September 2022

One of the best resorts out there, it is a must stay, see and enjoy. Everything was top notch from checkin to check out. Amazing service, food, cleanliness, amenities and the people always welcoming and with a smile.

Review collected in partnership with Barcelo Hotels & Resorts

Dear guest,

Firstly we would like to thank you for choosing our Barceló Bavaro Beach Adults Only hotel for your holidays and for the review you shared on TripsAdvisor, all of your kind words about your stay with us are great to hear. We are thrilled to read your praising comments about our staff as we strive to provide our guests with a caring and personalized service and we lay high value on our personnel being guest orientated and welcoming at all times.

Again we thank you for this wonderful review, it has been a pleasure for us to read and we look forward to serving you again soon