76 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$186
Hotels.comUS$193
travelup.comUS$158
14,669 results
All reviews platinum lounge platinum package platinum beach platinum section bungalow suite el pescador main lobby lobby buffet a la carte restaurants animation team lobster dinner quiet pool large resort dominican republic other resorts recommend this resort steak
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2022

I am delighted my family has told me about this place but if I know that people are like that here I would have come before I am more than grateful that they have treated me like one of the family of the great Bavarian Princess enchanted with the beach The animation guys in special yulibel a very talented girl with a clean soul full of love and energy I am more than happy with this place.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Community Manager, Director General at Grand Bavaro Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2022

Dear X9027ALsofiam.
Thank you for sharing the comments of your stay at Grand Bavaro Princess.
We are extremely happy that you choose our hotel as your tourist destination and we highly appreciate all the recognition you give to our service in general. We love your review, short but concise highlighting everything that made you feel pleased and happy during your stay.
We invite you to join our community visiting our Facebook & Instagram fan pages Hotel Grand Bavaro Princess to become part of our family and interact with our staff. We will forward your gratitude and greetings to Yulibel as she will be happy hearing from you.
We are looking forward to welcome you again on your next trip to the Caribbean.
Cordial greetings,
Grand Bavaro Princess.

Reviewed 25 September 2022

I was crazy to return to this hotel, these guys are the best of the Humid bar, Sugar, Ismael, Ezequiel and Don Juan are extraordinary guys who, in addition to doing their job very well, gave you a beautiful smile.

Miss Yuly he is much with too much to say that it is spectacular extraordinary I am delighted ❤️

Trip type: Travelled with family
Community Manager, General Manager at Grand Bavaro Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2022

Dear Joano.

Thank you for rating us and for the time you took to share the comments of your holidays at the Grand Bávaro Princess Hotel. We are happy that you have chosen our resort as your destination as well as all the wonderful comments about our property and all the benefits it offers. We love knowing that you fully enjoyed your vacation and we were able to meet all your expectations as we work with care and dedication to please all our guests by offering first-class services.
We invite you to join our community on Facebook and instagram (Hotel Grand Bávaro Princess) to become part of our family and interact with our staff.

Reviewed 24 September 2022

The hotel is beautiful the room is perfect the restaurant are great soho and PBG have amazing meals and we specially had really good moment at the pool
Julio, Carlos and there team make us the best coktails at the pool bar gracias por todo see u soon

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 405nawela

Dear Nawela.

Reviewed 24 September 2022 via mobile

Excellent vac!! Good staff and best vacations ever!
Beautiful room’s and confortable!!

Sexy berni was a great stuff very helpful and good actitud!!

Restaurant’s are very good and delicious foods you don’t have to make a reservation!!

The beach are the best!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Community Manager, General Manager at Grand Bavaro Princess, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2022

Dear Juan.

Reviewed 23 September 2022

Where do I start with the Grand Bavaro Princess. Firstly, believe all the comments written previously regarding the rude staff, bland food, and food poisoning. I paid for platinum so expected the best service and instead I received the worst!

The hotel takes no accountability for anything. I got food poisoning towards the end of my stay and I guarantee the automatic response from the hotel will be ‘I may have contacted this outside the hotel’. Well that’s wrong because the first few days I was fine and went on a couple of excursions. After this I remained at the resort due to the hurricane/ storm and therefore only relied on the hotel food and drinks. It was after this I got ill so could only have been the unhygienic practices in the hotel kitchen.

The cleaner also dropped my iphone in my hotel Room which was an accident, however, my phone display is now black and not working. I reported this to the hotel platinum concierge. They dismissed it and said it is between me and the housekeeper…despite the fact the housekeeper is employed by the hotel!? Now I have $200-300 bill to fix my phone when I return to the UK. I even said can they at least deduct the laundry service charge or offer me anything in compensation? Maybe a free spa or massage? Anything?! I got nothing! Not one ounce of accountability. They kept saying it’s between me and the housekeeper. I mean what was I supposed to do?

When the storm came, it lasted basically one day. The next two days just abit of rain. However the hotel was on lockdown for like 3 days. No WiFi. Most the restaurants were closed except the buffet (which became overcrowded for the amount of guests so I won’t be surprised if many others got food poisoning), the bars were closed, pool closed. Complete overreaction to something you would expect them to be prepared for or at least be used to by now. I mean seriously…no WiFi for 3 days? It may have been longer but I left. And there was no urgency to fix it despite them knowing ppl may have had emergencies or to arrange transport to hotels etc or contact family back home. Just a blazé attitude from the staff and no willingness to resolve anything.

Only positive about the hotel is it looks modern. However the rooms smell dingy. The showers are cold. The fridge is warm and not cold enough. And the beach has a lot of seaweed and also people constantly haggling trying to sell stuff…even drugs!!

Avoid this hotel to avoid major disappointment (and diarrhoea).

Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank marssb2022

We are very sorry that your experience was not fully satisfactory, however, the way you describe the facts seems incredible to us and we think that leaves much more to say about you than about the hotel.
We will begin by saying something that has surprised us and that is that what you call a "storm" was a hurricane with winds between 140/155 KM/Hr that hit this area of the country, leaving a trail of devastation in its wake. And those employees that you criticize, stayed in the hotel taking care of you and the rest of the clients, while they lost everything they have. Therefore, from there, we think that you have defined yourself, as well as the rest of the complaints that you tell us, such as the internet going down for 3 days after a hurricane (we understand that this is something inexplicable). kind regards