46 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$414
Expedia.comUS$414
ZenHotels.comUS$451
18,098 results
All reviews mike's coffee bowling alley privilege package punta cana lobby bar entertainment staff time share pool view main buffet honeymoon suite other resorts dominican republic the mexican restaurant steak beach restaurant a la carte restaurants great resort
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2022 via mobile

Food was very bad, facility was very dirty, the room was full of bugs, the bathroom door in the hotel room did not even close misaligned, the safe in the room said low battery I called in to request the batter to be changed no one showed up, sound of dripping water behind the walls of the hotel bedroom, a constant smell of septic throughout the resort, stray cats everywhere, dead bats found throughout the resort, the pools had debris on the bottom, they failed to clean rooms properly, they failed to replenish the mini fridge, the shuttle service throughout the resort was used by there staff to hunt down woman walking alone, staff racist to none speaking Spanish guests, staff was unappreciative to tipping, the shuttle service from airport to resort and back to airport was late, anywhere there was food or beverages was infested with fruit flys, no drinking bottled water available, the staff would heckle guests in Spanish, the male staff members harassed the female guests making it extremely uncomfortable, the entertainment staff only spoke Spanish all activities were steered only to Spanish speaking guests leaving non Spanish speaking guests extremely uncomfortable and uninvolved, the all inclusive bars were not serving all liquors stated on there all inclusive list, if you brought up a concern to management they would tell you to return in 2 hours then return in another 2 hours and then return in another 2 hours till you give up requesting a resolution. 0/10 I will never go back, I will never recommend any of my friends and family to go to this resort and spend hard earned money for a useless waste of time, extremely disappointing, extremely dissatisfying, this trip has put a extremely negative perception on travelling to the Dominican Republic and especially staying at the ocean and sand resort.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank nicolakakish1
Reviewed 30 September 2022

My friend and I stayed for one week. The water and beach were beautiful! The rooms were comfortable and the AC worked great! The food was awful. Terrible. So bad. We ate fruit and bread with butter for a week. The staff was wonderful! Housekeeping was amazing. All except the male bartenders on the beach who would ask me multiple times if I were married, where my husband was, and if I liked them. Made me so uncomfortable. We ordered room service twice, the first time it was good. The second time, it never came. I called to ask about it, 90 min later, and was told all the staff had gone home and it wasn’t coming. I’ll never know what happened to that cheeseburger. Stay somewhere else, you get what you pay for.

1  Thank michelle6217
Guest Service OBS, Director General at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2022

Dear Michelle,

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent vacation, and for taking the time to share your impressions on this important platform.
We are happy to know that you found our entertainment and housekeeping team to be awesome. It will be our pleasure to share your kind words with them. On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the situation with the bartenders on the beach, we have taken the necessary actions since what happened, that is not part of our philosophy. At Ocean Blue and Sand we do not tolerate such behavior.

Regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2022

I enjoyed my stay at Ocean Blue & Sand, however I wish there was more of a night life omitting the same boring shows every night.

The rooms were absolutely stunning, strong AC, good maid service and overall pleasant to be in.

The food was very good, I strictly went to the buffet and there were always many options to choose from.

Mike's coffee shop was a great area to go relax in, but the service could have been more kind and happy.

Animation was very good, again, wished there was more dancing at night and less shows and games. Shoutout to Cherry, Mini Cooper, Coca Cola. and Scooby Doo for always having a big smile on their face and for being very welcoming. There was one animation member which I believe his name was Polin, and he never said hi to me once. He was good on the mic, but not kind 1 on 1.

Overall I'd come back to this hotel, hoping the night life would be improved.

1  Thank tanyabasma
Guest Service OBS, Director General at Ocean Blue & Sand, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2022

Receive our most cordial greetings,

We would like to thank you for choosing Ocean Blue and Sand as your holiday destination in the Dominican Republic.

We are pleased to learn that you had a wonderful experience and that the service delivered by our staff and our food was up to your expectations. We will be sharing your kind words with them, to continue delivering an outstanding service to all our valuable guests. Please be informed that we will be taking your comments into consideration and will be making innovations in the activities in order to make your next visit a memorable one.

Reviewed 28 September 2022

Great resort, tons of activities, we were never bored. Pokémon, our favourite resort employee, made every day at the pool and evening in the lobby a blast. Such an amazing employee and even better person. 10/10 would recommend!!

Receive our most cordial greetings,

We are pleased to learn that you had a wonderful experience and that the service delivered by our staff was up to your expectations. we will be sharing your kind words with them, to continue delivering an outstanding service to all our valuable guests.

Reviewed 28 September 2022

Words can’t describe how much fun Pokémon brought to our trip!! He is such a ray of sunshine and so much fun to dance with. He was always present around the resort with a big smile and contagious energy! Thank you Pokémon for the memories and laughs!!! You’re AMAZING