“Jade & Richard- Honeymooners”
Review of The Oberoi, Lombok

The Oberoi, Lombok
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tanjung
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

HEAVEN• BLISSFUL• MAGICAL• UNFORGETTABLE• YOU MUST GO•

My husband and myself visited The Oberoi Lombok as the last part of our honeymoon. We stayed for 9 nights and it was a truly magical and unforgettable stay. We have mad lifetime memories.

On the first day we met Harry and Sayu (pool side staff) and from that moment onwards they were there for us to meet any need from regular drinks/ food service from our sun bed, to taking time EVERY day to personally greet us by first name and ask how we were. Please can I take this opportunity to commend Sayu on his extra effort to clean both of our sunglasses everyday and giving us a very special honeymoon gift. (I won't ruin the surprise as Sayu may give any honeymooners this very touching and personal gift). My husband got along very well with Harry (as did I), and Harry took the time every day to answer his many questions as he loves to know everything about the local culture. Harry and Sayu went above and beyond expectations of pool side staff. We were treated like royalty! Just amazing! We cannot thank Harry and Sayu enough for making our stay unforgettable.

On the topic of staff, Nas (barman at the Tokek bar) was wonderful. Once again, greeted us both personally everyday, asked about our day, informed us of any local culture we were intrigued about and severed my husband the 6 coffees a day he had!

The food options are varied at breakfast. There is literally every breakfast option one could hope for. We were served 90% of our mornings by Nelly who greeted us by first name, brought a newspaper to our table to read over breakfast and took the time to make sure all our needs were met. Nelly's service was outstanding. He really did give us a fantastic start to every day, so thank you Nelly.

We would recommend the Tokek bar for lunch as the portions for lunch in the sunbird cafe are huge. My husband and I would share lunch if we chose to dine in the sunbird cafe. We found the Tokek bar much more suitable for lunch time portions. The evening meals were impeccable. The only down side of dinner is there is one restaurant, and 9 nights for me was quite a long time to eat in only one restaurant (my husband wasn't bothered by this). However, the chef Jvoti did take the time to greet us in the evening and knew how long we were staying for (incredible that he knew who we were and our length of stay) and said that if we had any personal orders for dinner, to put them into reception 24 hours before and he would do his utmost to meet our order ingredient dependant. Although we didn't take this offer, Jvoti once again leads me back to the staff going above and beyond any expectations.

We stayed in an ocean view villa. You could not fault the room in anyway as it was spacious, stylish and cleaned thoroughly every day. We had turn down service and on our first night a surprise bath had been run full with flowers which we discovered on our arrival back from the pool. A very touching honeymoon gift.

You are able to book excursions from the hotel. We took the half day trip to Gili Air and Gili Meno to par take in snorkelling with the many fish and incredible sea turtles! Don't forget your under water camera for this once in a life experience. It is a must do!

The pool is fabulous and very soothing for the soul to look out to sea.

On our final night we had a private dinner on the beach which was a memory made for a life time. Served by the wonderful Martini who's service was phenomenal, we had the most romantic and delicious meal which was literally the best end to our 3 week honeymoon. Martini also went out of her way to take several pictures as I do love a photo, and this moment was sure one I didn't want to forget.

Other staff that went above and beyond for us that I have not mentioned are: Ridwan, Nyoman and Andini.

So in summary, this hotel is HEAVEN but just be aware of limited eating options for dinner if your stay is 9 nights like ours. You can go to the hotel next door (Lombok Lodge), but it is quite expensive.

The hotel is blissful, but the staff made our stay. Every member of staff, even if I haven't mentioned their name were sensational. They made our stay and I knew I would miss them! This was proven as I was crying as were waved off!

HEAVEN• BLISSFUL• MAGICAL• UNFORGETTABLE• YOU MUST GO•

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to do such a wonderfully detailed review of our resort.

I am delighted you returned home with a lifetime of memories from your honeymoon.

I am blessed to work with a wonderful group of people who go above and beyond everyday for our guests. Thank you for recognizing them, they will be happy to hear your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful Lombok and The Oberoi whenever your travels bring you to this part of the world.

generalmanager.lombok@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 1 August 2017

The Oberoi group knows what hospitality is all about. They advertise 'warm, efficient and discrete service', and that was my experience during my recent stay. The international cuisine was interesting in its diversity, and the quality was of a high standard. A great place to rest and do nothing, except enjoy the beautiful sunsets, or get busy and active - yoga at dawn on the lawn, swim or snorkel around coral reefs, play tennis before happy hour, and so on. The suite is cool, airy and spacious, has lots of wardrobe space, and a private garden. It takes some effort to arrive at the hotel, but it's worth it.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

The Oberoi Lombok does indeed offer you both, a myriad of activities or the option to do just nothing at all!

We look forward to welcoming you back to beautiful Lombok or our other beautiful hotels in the not too distant future.

generalmanager.lombok@oberohotels.com

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

The hotel is perfect but feels a bit isolated. You need around 30minutes driving if you want to go anywhere for dinner. But why would you want to leave? Everything is perfect in the hotel, amazing grounds perfectly maintained and the most beautiful sunset I have seen in my life by far. All workers are nice and go way beyond to make you feel good. Hary by the beach/pool and Nyoman at breakfast/dinner were particularly attentive.
We also did the Gili islands snorkling trip and were lucky to have the boat just for us that day so we went snorkling in the morning and just chilled at the beach in Gili Air the rest of the day.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank prcsimoes
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for your kind words.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that my team looked after you well.

The Oberoi Lombok is situated in the beautiful and tranquil North West part of Lombok and that would certainly be one of our unique features. Our location provides our guests with peace, quite, privacy and of course as you have mentioned, spectacular sunsets!

We look for ward to welcoming you back to Oberoi Hotels and Resorts in the not too distant future.

gneralmanager.lombok@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

We have just spent two nights at this hotel and it has been a lovely experience. The hotel is picture perfect and everything has been very carefully thought through down to the smallest detail. The beach is calm and clean and the views from breakfast overlooking the sea are breathtaking. The service from every member of staff has been beyond excellent, all extremely attentive and helpful. Juni, took our three children both nights to see the frogs after listening to their beautiful chorus over dinner. Our children thought she was especially lovely! The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated and cater for every comfort. Juni, Khairul, Nelly and Nasim all stood out as offering exceptional service. The chef also did an outstanding job with the food. Two nights were not enough, and we would love to have spent at least week unwinding here. Thank you to the manager, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Oberoi Lombok!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2017

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to meet you and the family during your recent stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our resort.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that my team looked after you well.

We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay in the not to distant future.

gneralmanager.lombok@oberoihotels.com

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

We were in two minds about staying on Lombok or on the Gili Islands but we definitely made the right choice with the Oberoi. Just 15 minutes from the Bluewater Express jet boat arrival in Teluk Kode, this is a genuine 5 star resort with some of the friendliest staff I have ever encountered, who go out of their way to look after your every need. A snorkelling trip to the Gili Islands, just 15 minutes form the hotel's jetty, was a highlight. Food was excellent, although not cheap and you are a somewhat captive audience. I would seek our Oberoi hotels in future, absolutely first rate.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank ixt2016
TheOberoi_Lombok, General Manager at The Oberoi, Lombok, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Oberoi Lombok for your stay and for taking the time to review our resort.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your holiday with us and that my team took good care of you.

We deeply appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back to Oberoi Hotels and Resorts soon.

generalmanager.lombok@oberoihotels.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tanjung
0.3 km away
16.2 km away
Puri Mas Boutique Resort & Spa
17.3 km away
Pool Villa Club Senggigi Beach Lombok

Been to The Oberoi, Lombok? Share your experiences!