Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$74
View deal
Priceline
TravelocityUS$108
getaroom.comUS$260
All reviews screened porches the cottages four seasons beach cows caribbean island nevis goats paradise
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 July 2020

Let me start out by saying I have never visited this hotel; however, I did book a three nights stay for June 2020. I booked the hotel directly in January 2020; but as things became more dire with the virus, I cancelled the reservation in April, which was well within their cancellation policy period. After a month of no refund, I had to get my credit card company involved. I had already contacted the owner, property manager and advertising director by email, with no replies. After two months during which my credit card company gave them ample time to reply to my dispute, they never replied. Thankfully, I’ve just been given a permanent credit for that cancellation and the hotel has done a charge back to the hotel. If there is any chance you might not be able to keep your reservation, stay away!

Date of stay: June 2020
1  Thank kdstott
Reviewed 28 March 2020

Oualie is a really great place to stay and relax, if you don't mind that the hotel is a little bit shabby around the edges. The beach and the bay here are superb, and the views are just lovely, both the view from the cottages, which all look out over the bay, and the view when you are in the bay looking back at the land. The water in Oualie Bay is without waves, and thus it is very good for people who don't swim well.

The grounds are kept very nicely with lots of tropical flowers, especially considering there is only one gardener for a very large area! There is a lot of nature here, and a lot of wildlife, including many monkeys who come twice a day to hang out and eat the Noni fruit.

The grounds area also visited by charming brown cows, a few goats, a few sheep and the occasional donkey.

The hotels seems to have fixed their WiFi, which was a problem in the past.

The rooms are meticulously cleaned, and if anything is not working right they will generally be able to fix it the very next day. However, the hot water is provided by solar power, so if you get two or three overcast and rainy days in a row, then you won't really have any hot water to speak of.

Most of the staff here are just lovely people, although it is true that one or two of the front desk staff don't entirely know how to smile and be welcoming.

The bar is small, but very charming and breezy. The restaurant is also attractive, but the food is expensive and generally not inspiring.

Date of stay: March 2020
3  Thank invertpaleo
Reviewed 15 February 2020

We decided at a late stage we neede some sun and booked Oualie Beach, partly because it was fairly small, partly because we were impressed by the website talking about its eco credentials and its sample menus.
We booked room only thank goodness, as the food was somewhat of a disappointment. I could not recommend all inclusive here. The quality of what was offered was ok, but there was little variation and they often ran out of fairly ordinary items which were then not replaced for several days. Over the course of two weeks this bacame an issue, though if you were only staying for a few days less so. An example - a fruit platter on day 1 for around 10 US dollars, was a slice of pineapple, a couple of slices of melon and a bit of banana; on the odd occasion this dish was ordered again it went down to a couple of slices of melon and a slice of banana - they had run out of pineapple which didn't reappear till day 14.
Luckily we had gluten free bread with us as the staff were not very knowledgeable and my coeliac husband had to be very careful.
The eco part of the website is now overstated - they no longer have a system of useing greywater or recycling.
The whole resort is a little faded and uncared for - still ok, but does need some serious tlc if it isn't to deteriorate further. The reception area shop is very sad!
Having said all that the staff were lovely and our room was large and comfortable and kept very clean. The beach is kept weed free and is safe for children, and the sheep, cows and monkeys which occasionally wandered through the grounds were a source of entertainment.
The wifi was also excellent

1  Thank Elizabeth G
Reviewed 31 January 2020 via mobile

The resort was chosen as a colleague had previously stayed there. The premium room was large and clean with a large bathroom. The screened porch looked out to the ocean. It’s quant and comfortable. The bar and restaurant staff are friendly and efficient. Food was pretty good. I found the reception staff variable, some excellent, some clearly thought guests were and inconvenience.

I had no hot water at all during my stay which was irritating. Overall, not too bad, I’d stay again if they fix the hot water

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank ChrisintheBahamas
Reviewed 26 January 2020 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit to Nevis. The reason we chose Oualie Beach this time is because even though we stayed in other locations on previous visits, we would always spend at least one day on the beautiful beach at Oualie. The location and beach is just one of the best on the island. The hotel is older and in need of simple maintenance. Our room was comfortable, large and had wonderful views of the beach. We had to request a room safe upon arrival which was installed the next morning. Our in-room phone did not work but was repaired the next morning as well. Our hot water worked great but our neighbor said they never had hot water during their 5 day stay. The restaurant was better than we expected and the staff was very pleasant and attentive. They have wonderful steel drum music a couple of nights per week. There were many monkeys, sheep, a few donkeys and even some cows that visited the property regularly and were so much fun to watch. We really enjoyed our stay at Oualie Beach and I feel that with some simple maintenance, updates and touch-up paint it could receive 5 star ratings instead of 4 star. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank janrdh
Faith-Bertie, General Manager at Oualie Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2020

We appreciate return guests and as it must be something good that we are doing , we strive to always keep our Customer Service Promise and provide Consistently,excellent, efficient and friendly Service.
We are working hard on repairs and upgrades on the property as we are aware that some areas are in need of maintenance. Thanks for mentioning the quick response time in which you received the safe and phone sorted out, our aim is to always make our guest happy and comfortable.
We do look forward to having you here with us again.