Review Highlights
A great find

We stopped on our way from Lake Ohrid down to parga greece. The facility is very nice and the tour... read more

Reviewed 1 November 2018
andymart99
Bay Area, California, United States
via mobile
Great visit, tasting and tour.

We stopped by on a Sunday after lunch and were offered the tasting and tour of the vineyard. We... read more

Reviewed 8 August 2018
spiro501
Syracuse, New York

All reviews worth a visit wines tour greece winery alpha estate wineries tasting facility malagouzia
Reviewed 13 June 2017

top winery. One of the best in greece. very nice close by scinery with the lakes across. Impressive equipment. Definately worth going.

Date of experience: March 2017
Reviewed 30 December 2016 via mobile

A modern welcoming winery in spectacular landscape all around. The tour is informative and the smells and activity of the place are really worth it. The wines are very special and you can try products that are not available in Greece. The two ladies that welcomed and guided us were both genuinely polite. No mention of sales until we asked. There is s 15% discount but you are often told that their wines are available everywhere. As a farewell gift I was offered a Christmas ornament made of wine corks!

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank natashba
Reviewed 30 September 2016

Amazing place! Great people!

I am not easily impressed but I understood why this place belongs to the Top 100 wineries of the planet. Amazing efford and results within just 10 years of existance. They produce many varieties. They have a variety “Malagouzia” wit is since 2011 (?) the No70 best wine in the world. The prices are amazingly good (please do not increase them :-) ). Huge cellar. Really I was impressed. I have been to Portugal many times and been around at wineries, I could not believe that something as impressive or even more could exist in Greece.

I already knew their wines and liked them very much. But after I visited their place I realized why their wines are of such high quality. They get rid of almost 70% of their grape production in order to have the best possible outcome of quality. And that is why their wine quality is always high all of this years. Now I realize it.

I expect many good things in the future from this winery, I am sure they will continue surprising our sences in the future!

The climate at the place is unbelivably positive, this is why the tastes and aromas of their wines are of such great variety. I could not believe that all of them came from a single area.

Great place to visit.

Reason to visit the area.

Will go again!and again!and again!

Date of experience: August 2016
1  Thank tliatsis
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

We enjoy Alpha wines very much and after visiting Nymfaio, we drive here for a wine tour and tasting. They were very friendly and we enjoyed their wines, plus we purchased a few cases at a good price.

Date of experience: May 2016
1  Thank Cynthia B
Reviewed 21 July 2015

I learned about Alpha Estates from a wine newsletter to which I subscribe. I was surprised to learn that it turns out to be within walking distance from our house in Amyntaio. I have been buying the wine online in the US, which is our primary residence. The wine is excellent and I was really looking forward to the tour. I have been on many winery tours, and have found the quality of tours varies greatly.

We took a tour and I was hoping to have one of the owners do it based on the other reviews stating how much they learned and how passionate the were. Unfortunately they were either not available or don't do tours any longer. We had a lovely guide who spoke Greek and English; but she stuck to the script and was not generally knowledgeable about wine or specifically knowledgeable about this winery. This is not her fault. She needed much more training. So we got the basics and while the winery is very nice, modern, and clean, the content of the tour was basic and limited. I'll go back next year and perhaps make an appointment with the owners for a tour if they are still providing them.

Date of experience: July 2015