“Good, as Usual”

Sumo Japanese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
Ranked #17 of 110 Restaurants in Russellville
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Once again, the food was as expected. Great gyoza and green curry. Hibatchi steak and chicken was perfect.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

You can choose to order off the menu or be seated for hibachi. We chose the hibachi. The chef was friendly and entertaining. The salad and soup were nothing special. I ordered steak and chicken. The portions were HUGE. Two people could easily share a plate and have more than enough food. They serve teriyaki noodles (spaghetti noodles tossed with teriyaki sauce) in addition to fried rice. I had never had noodles done that way, and while they were good, I could have done without them. The steak was cooked perfectly. The chicken, veggies and rice were good too.

Reviewed 1 February 2017 via mobile

I had a to-go order on 1/22/17 for the Sashimi & Sushi Combo which is $24 plus tax and I was incredibly underwhelmed with the size of the pieces of sashimi included in it. Before placing the order, I called to inquire about the types of sashimi included and was told Tuna, salmon, white tuna, and yellowtail. They didn't include that it would also include octopus and another type both of which I would've substituted for one of the aforementioned fish. So 4 pcs of the sashimi went completely wasted and the remaining 8 pcs were the length and width of my pointer finger. For $24, I expect bigger pieces of sashimi. I was incredibly disappointed.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Who doesn't love seeing their food cooked in front of them? Of course, you pay a premium for it... The food is good, from the house soup and salad to the entrée. And you get plenty of it. Sushi is good, but I personally wouldn't go here for the sushi, as, in my opinion, umami's has a better selection and prices, if that's what you're wanting. But it's a fun splurge once in a while.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Sushi chief has left and the sushi is terrible and service is poor since losing some employees. Was my favorite place to eat when traveling to Russellville but not now.

1  Thank EHocott