See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 May 2016 via mobile

My partner and I were looking for a place to spend a quiet weekend together before he sets off on a two weeks traveling spree for work - Skippers Haven offered us that and more. We arrived late afternoon on Saturday; Angus and team made sure to reserve some lunch for us and it was the most delicious Tuna pie i've ever eaten.

We were keen on some fishing unfortunately the winds were too strong for that, however we did enjoy the almost  private beach (I'd give it a 90% on this). The tide was low on Sunday and saw we took a walk along the shoreline for about 2KMs and the scenery was absolutely beautiful, the fishermen around there also very friendly and they just let you be.

What really intrigued me about Skippers Haven is that once you are there you do not feel as if you are in Dar es Salaam at all - something about it reminded us of our time at a camp in Selous.

Angus was very welcoming and charming and made us feel very at home the entire time. The chef is amazing too; i certainly enjoyed every bit of my meal there.

I highly recommend Skippers Haven to anyone who is keen on a good get away from the crazies of Dar es Salaam!

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2015

What can i say, this place was great, the staff Micheal was brilliant and helped a lot. Angus and Karen thanks for the Hospitality will definitely come there again. The friends we were with said awesome and thanks.

Room Tip: All the rooms is fantastic
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jarney O
Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

I had the privilege to visit the place with a couple of friends, and stayed for two nights. The rooms have beautiful views and are located in such a way, that you have privacy, but still close to the restayrant/bar area. We catered for ourselves, and the owners allowed us full access to the kitchen. The staff cleaned up after our cooking. Highly recommended and will return again

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Igmar P
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

Interesting trip in Tuk Tuk, ferry boat included, to get to such beautiful place; things only get better when I caught my first dorados and Spanish mackerel.
We had a piece for lunch and a piece to take away. Great fun and service by Angus and wife.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Pablo R
Reviewed 20 November 2014

Skippers Haven is a gem! Quiet and peaceful, clean private beach and a perfect view of the ocean from cool, comfortable and well designed rooms! The only time it isn't peaceful is when you are on the boat, as the fishing reels are screaming from the strain of Tuna, Sierra and many other fish species!! All thanks to Gus and his fantastic ability to own the ocean in his boat! Karen thank you for looking after us and for all the entertaining stories! It was a week I will never forget! Will be back for more laughs and definitely more fishing!!

• Stayed: September 2014