“BEST VEGAN CAKES, ITALIAN ESPRESSO AND HOMEMADE VEGAN PASTA”
Review of Budha Cafe

Budha Cafe
Ranked #13 of 109 Restaurants in Pushkar
Price range: US$2 - US$15
Reviewed 30 March 2018

Suraj cooks fresh homemade vegan ravioli, pasta and vegan burgers from scratch! Can even get soya lattes and cappuccinos, try the Muesli and fruit in the morning, starting up a vegan bakery so try the crumble, chocolate cake and banana peanut butter cake....WOW! One of the most special things is the atmosphere created by Suraj and his staff, feel so at home and have a new family in India, see you again Suraj!

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

I got used to slow paced food resturants in india. But this one topped on all of the others. First when we set down we only got 1 menu when we were 2 and the table and place was dirty and not cleaned at all. The waiter go and we didnt get to see him for about 15 minutes. After this we wanted to order, but luckly for us none of the waiters came to take an order from us! Very poor service! not recommanded for anybody to come.

Reviewed 15 January 2018

From what I understand, Surej, the owner of the hotel and restaurant, is a wonderful, kind man who makes amazing food and is a good host. But that is not what you'll find right now at Mooche's/Budha Cafe. You will find average staff that are pleasant enough but don't treat you anything above average. You will find good food, but not with the love the owner has, and perhaps his food is better, I don't know.
We stayed a week in a room upstairs. The room was cheap and big, but bathroom detestable. Smelled terrible all the time, the door was off the bottom hinge in the bathroom, flies were everywhere in the room, perhaps from the open windows. You cannot really shower in that bathroom. Also the road noise was pretty bad even though it's on a back street. I liked the size of the room, the price, and the windows, it wasn't a cave, but we left because of mediocre service from the staff (they kept turning off the wifi power and then the wifi quit working altogether,) the flies, and the road noise.
It does not serve business well to keep changing the name of your restaurant, or rent it out and change the name. Or have this new restaurant manager also manage the rooms.
We came here based on these TA reviews and asked about a room because of the amazing reviews. Until management changes back to the original owners, don't heed the past reviews.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

There is much confusion over the name. Surej is the owner of the building and hotel, and he rents the restaurant space out.

The restaurant, Budha Cafe, came under new management about 6 months ago, according to Gaja, who greeted us.

I was a bit skeptical about the food - trying to discern the specifics on the name/mgmt change, however, Gaja said the chef was the same. Perhaps the new manager is thinking from an egoic rather than business standpoint.

Then upon further discussion, Gaja said the chefs, Safpal and Subesh, started 6 months ago with the new management.

I ordered the mushroom masala and garlic naan as per Gaja's recommend. The dish was very good. The sauce was rich and flavourful. I could taste the various spices; pepper, cardamom, ginger, all played well without taking over the palate. The mushrooms were fresh and perfectly cooked, not too soft nor firm.

They do not have a tandoor so the naan was pan fried and just ok.

I had masala chai with honey, no sugar. It was good, in par with many others, certainly not the best I've had.

The Bagsu cake was quite good. Rich dark chocolate, creamy caramel, and a graham cracker-like crust. It's sweet and best shared with others as it was a bit too much for just myself.

I will return here and recommend it. The staff is friendly and they do put heart into the food.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

The best place in pushkar.
Good food and amazing pepole.
Also the only place in pushkar that sales bagso cake!