See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2016 via mobile

Stopped for a glass or two of Rioja after a walk up the hill. A bit noisy and busy sitting outside on the terrace but still a good place to take in the Alcaniz atmosphere and have some refreshments
Friendly waitresses and good Rioja.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here on my way through. Rooms are clean and simple, very central location, friendly staff and make sure you check out their tapas bar. I went in for a beer and a bite and ended up trying everything. I live in Spain so I know good tapas and this place has it.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank MaxRichard
Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Room not decorated since the 1970s, breakfast consisted of a slice of toast, very noisy building works in the room next door from 8-30am. The receptionist explained that as I was awake this shouldn't be a problem, ignoring the fact that my wife and daughter were still in the room and that I wouldn't have been awake if it weren't for the building works and that there was no chance of being in the room during the morning.

And all of this for a price MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE PARADOR. The castle a few hundred meters away.

What a caper.

On the plus side, the location is central and the wine of the month was superb.

Considering the high price, this is probably the worst hotel I've ever stayed in and I have no idea how it stays in business.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Omri S
Reviewed 27 November 2014 via mobile

Love this place. Having spent just over a year living and working in Alcañiz I have visited this place numerous times and whether it's breakfast, lunch, tapas , dinner or just a cup of coffee then this the place to go. The food is fantastic. Try the patatas bravas and the special hamburgers. The staff are warm, welcoming and really friendly. Would definitely recommend a stop off here

Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nikki S
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Cannot comment on the hotel because we didn't stay there. But we came to have dinner in the first floor restaurant. The food was excellent, among the 4 in our party we had the merluza (hake fish) plate that came with chipirones, shrimp and calamari; the veal plate with roasted red pepper and mushrooms; the lamp chops with croquetas; and the sepia plate. All came with a side salad. Everything was extremely fresh and flavorful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family