All reviews bistro restaurant great pool large pool room was spacious first floor nice property stayed here for one night a nice place to stay road trip las vegas housekeeping microwave oil hwy
Reviewed 14 May 2018

Only place I have ever stayed that did not have housekeeping every day. One day there was a misunderstanding but we stayed 3 days and had to call for clean towels and coffee. We made up our own beds every day. Pleasant grounds, pool area with spa. Looked family friendly.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lori L, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Thank you for your feed back. We do offer housekeeping service available every day so I am not quite sure why your room was overlooked. We do have a make a green choice program that offers a $5 coupon or 250 SPG points each day the room is not cleaned so I am not sure if that could have been the reason for no service. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the rest of the hotel and yes we are definitely a family friendly hotel.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

This is actually my second time staying here, the first time was bad, not quite as bad as now. But my husband wanted to be able to use his SPG points, which he wasn’t able to do because the computer at the front desk wouldn’t allow use of points for anything other than a king bed room and we needed a 2 queen room. So I feel as though we grossly overpaid to be miserable. It’s currently 6:05am and the smell in this room is making it difficult to breathe, so I cannot sleep. It’s a horrible chemical smell with bold notes of cat urine. It is literally taking my breath away with ever breath I try to take. Although it’s hard, I can see past the old and run down rooms and corridors, the dirty curtains, the grainy television reception, the one and only single person breakfast voucher while we are a family of 4, but the smell is just too much.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Lori L, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

we are sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay. We have had both our maintenance and our housekeeping managers check on the room to see what the order could possibly be. I can assure you that we have not had any cats in our guest rooms as we are not a pet friendly hotel.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

First impression is quite positive. The personnel is nice and helpful, it has a nice court yard and landscaping, a large pool (non heated), a decent lobby, plenty of parking, and a fine restaurant. 20 year ago this probably was a very nice hotel, perhaps maybe even above average or 4 stars. Upon entering the corridors and rooms, the previous impression quickly fades away. Aside from the fresh white industrial paint, everything looks old and smells old. Perhaps Marriott (new owner since 2016) will see an opportunity here and invest in renovations to secure their investment.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Lori L, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Thank you for your comments. While it has been a while since we had a refresh, we are hoping for one in the very near future. We will definitely pass along your comments to our upper management team.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

If I could be the furthest away, that is where I was put. Granted, the people are very friendly and helpful. But it stops there. The rooms are clean, but OLD, only basically refreshed. Standing in the shower my hit practically touched the ceiling and I am only 6feet tall. Very sterile and stark, but grout in the floors and shower are filthy dirty. The view is of the back parking lot. Pillows flat and uncomfortable, this is not a standard Sheraton that I am used to (found out they are independently owned, not part of the Sheraton owned family) which shows with low quality features. The breakfast (even though only 3 other tables being served) took over 10 minutes to be acknowledged and another 20 minutes for it to show up, I had to scarf the overcooked, burnt, tasteless breakfast to get to my meeting. I really hope that next business trip they book me at a different hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lori L, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

We are so sorry to hear that you had issues with your stay. We have spoken with our housekeeping manager regarding the condition of your guest room and these issues will be addressed immediately. We have also shared your comments with our Food and Beverage Director regarding your breakfast and the service you received. These are not the normal standards for our hotel and we will make every effort to make sure these issues are not repeated.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

This hotel, to me, is tired, worn, dirty, and needs maintenance. I go out of my way to stay at SPG hotels (Lifetime Platinum). This was oh so not worth it. In my view it was the prototypical tacky hotel. I have stayed at SPG properties in Canada, Mexico, USA, Asia, and Europe.This is almost as bad as it has ever been (one SPG hotel in Chicago years ago was about as bad). I'd steer clear until they decide to put some elbow grease (and cash) into the property. I will say, surprisingly, that the restaurant, while worn and dirty, had really quite good food. However, the ambiance totally negated that. If you can dine with your eyes closed, go for it!

Room Tip: Even numbers building 600 face a "courtyard" - but don't elevate your expectations
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Lori L, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2018

Thank you for your feed back. While it has been awhile since the hotel has had a refresh we are hoping for one in the near future. We will pass along your comments to our upper management team