US$88
US$81
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$109
US$50
US$90
US$60
US$54
All reviewsroom layout isindoor poolthe sofa bedtv swivelspaper platesliving areawafflesthe breakfast areafree breakfastdecent breakfastmini fridgeonly stayed one nightcoffee makerclean roomswe've stayedwould stay here againhot breakfast
Reviewed 18 May 2018

I've stayed at this property several times, in the past, and, until now, had a VERY favorable impression (I even wrote a favorable review, previously, on Trip Advisor)! However, after this week's stay, I will not return!

Because of an awful airline delay, I didn't arrive at the hotel until 4am (I expected to be there at 11pm). I even called, early evening, to alert the front desk that I'd be arriving between 3 & 4am... just so that they'd be aware.

When I arrived, there was a sign at the front desk that the "water lines were being tested and that the water would be shut off, throughout the hotel, for a 2-hour period, between 7am and 9am." What??? Turning off the water, for a test during the hotel's busiest hours? Can't be! I asked the front desk clerk if I were reading it wrong. "No," she replied, "We've found that's not a busy hour for our guests, so that's the time we chose." What??? You must be kidding me. What are you talking about? If that weren't a busy time, you should have your breakfast run from 4:30am to 6:00am, instead of 6:30am - 9:30am! I was livid! FYI, I'd bet that the hotel is nearly empty from 1-3pm... nobody would have noticed that the water was off. AND, when I called the front desk to tell them I'd be arriving at 3-4am, why didn't the clerk alert me that there would be no water in the morning? I could have made other arrangements!

Now, I have to go to my room. Unpack and "try" to get 2 hours of sleep, so that I could shower before going to work. Horrible! The most important things I look for, when choosing a hotel, are a hot shower and a clean, comfortable bed. Well, a "waterless" shower doesn't qualify. After a long coast-to-coast trip... plus a drive from LAX to Bakersfield, I'm going to have to function on 2 hours of sleep. Of course, with my 4am arrival, it wasn't the time for "hotel hopping."

There was no apology or empathy from the clerk. I was NOT recognized as a returning guest. I was NOT given ANY acknowledgement that I was a Marriott Elite Gold member. It was clear that there was no attempt to welcome me to this property. I guess, because I like to wake up and shower between 7 & 9am, I'm not a good guest.

Oh yeah... here's the BEST PART! I woke up at 6:30am to shower and get ready for my long day ahead. At 7:15am, I turned on the water in my room. IT WORKED PERFECTLY (hot and cold). I tried it again at 8am, as I left for work and it was still working! I wonder if it was ever turned off at all. That's just awful! My day was ruined, before it started, and they never even shut off the water!!!

I had no other problems during my stay... but because of those events, I was exhausted, when I returned from the office and couldn't get any work done. The entire stay was ruined.

It's obvious that the management of this property has declined to the point where guests are an "after-thought." I suspect that nobody will care about the experience I had (I've told LOTS of people already and included it in the marketing/management class I taught, this week), but, if you're in the area, you'd do yourself a favor and try someplace else.

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel... you'll get a better room!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Philip S
Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We always enjoy our stays at Springhill suites no matter where they are located. The staff here was friendly and the room was clean and quiet. The hot breakfast was good and always a plus about staying here.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2018

I only stayed one night but was pleased. My room was quiet and the hotel looked to be near full. My room furniture was very comfortable, I had a large "L" shaped couch that was nice. The free breakfast was good but they could use a little more room it was crowded. The staff I encountered were very nice and helpful. They have a list of restaurants at the front desk that will deliver to your room. I used it and had dinner at my door in 40 minutes. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible. The room was comfortable. We had a one king studio. It was fine for the 5 of us. Breakfast in the morning could have been a bit better. For those people with dietary issues there wasn’t much to choose from.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Mandy S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

Hello Amanda G,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that your concern and suggestions have been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to Bakersfield.

Mandy Sidhu
661-377-4000
mandy.sidhu@Marriott.com

Reviewed 10 February 2018

Close to freeway, train tracks and party next door. That and thin walls and single pane windows (I got up twice to confirm that they were actually closed) made for a restless night. Bed was OK. Toilet seats were prison-style and wouldn't stay up, anyway. Inexpensive. Central location (to what I needed to go to).

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Mandy S, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. All your comments are essential to educating our staff about good and bad service. We will ensure your feedback will be given to all. We do hope you give us another chance as we will definitely improve our services.

Mandy Sidhu