All reviews morongo casino desert hills front desk offered free breakfast and free wi fi an overnight stay little things room was clean a king size bed yogurt freeway cabazon remote fridge lamp sofa inns
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Nice place, friendly customer service. Room was very clean and quiet. Good place to crash after an evening at the casino.

Bed was old and lumpy. No matter how many mattress pads were added, it wasn't an enjoyable sleep, but when you're tired, you don't care as much.

Pillows smelled of perfume, possibly from previous person who laid there?

No mini fridge in the King room.

Overall, just a basic place to sleep. I would expect more from a HIES at this price, but it is what it is.

Casa Cruz down the street is Excellent. Get dinner there! ;)

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Banning, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2017

Hi chiponium,

Thank you for posting a candid feedback from your recent stay with us. It is great to know that you were able to appreciate the service provided by our staff and the condition of our room. However, I was concerned to see that you were not impressed with our bed and pillow among the others. We always aim to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests that is why I regret to see that you did not have a great experience. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience these issues may have caused you during your stay. Rest assured, your comments will be shared with our management team to properly address your concerns.

Again, thank you for the review and for staying with us. I hope that we would have another chance to accommodate you again in the future.

Regards,

Mike F.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 August 2017

Building is cute..pool is clean, room was clean enough and the breakfast was decent.
The wifi was not working. No ice in either the 2nd nor 3rd floor ice maker...nary a cube.
Booked small suite since there were 3 of us. But there were no sheets, nor blankets for the sleeper sofa, which we didn't discover til we got back to our room around midnight.
I quickly used all 4 kleenex left in the box and there was no replacement...all in all it was kinda like camping out.
Skip this one.

Stayed: August 2017
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Banning, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Hello Amalee B,

Thank you for posting a review for the Holiday Inn Express Banning, CA. I appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to host your stay.

I am happy to learn that breakfast was adequate and that you found the property pleasing. It is our goal to meet your requirements, if not exceed them.

I understand that you weren't satisfied with the internet connection and the sofa bed. I'm sorry these impacted your experience at our hotel. Your comments are important and these will help our management team to address areas that need attention.

We look forward to serving you better!

Kind Regards,

Anna B
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 15 July 2017

I had some customer service trouble with the Hampton Inn in Banning, so I called the main number for IHG reservations and got a room for the night at the Holiday Inn Express down the street from the Hampton. When I arrived 10 minutes later, the Holiday Inn Express had already gotten my reservation and, after offering me an icy bottle of water, welcomed me warmly. Thank you Vivian for being so pleasant and attentive and then so shocked when I described how I was treated at the Hampton Inn. We would never(!) treat a guest like that," she said. Vivian also apologized to me as I am a member of the IHG rewards and they had no suite to offer me this late in the day. When I got to the room, it was very basic, but I found that it may have lacked the big things like a sofa and a fridge but it certainly delivered on all the little things that keep you comfortable. Like blackout curtains that close all the way with no gaps and an air conditioning unit so quiet that I had to check to see if it was actually on. I also found a sliding toilet seat, a non working clock and a lamp that you couldn't turn on as the switch was broken. So when I went to dinner, I told Selena at the front desk. After making sure she had permission to enter my room while I was out, she said that all would be right when I returned. And it was. Thank you Selena for a nice firm toilet seat, a clock that told time and a new lamp. To sum up, you won't go wrong staying here...the bed was comfy, the breakfast tasty, the shower excellent and oh, that blessed quiet!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Relatively new hotel. Polite staff clean premises.
Unfortunately the TV did not work and the furniture needs a little sprucing up as it looks a little beat up. Breakfast was good. Plenty of food.

Would recommend visiting this hotel

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2017

This was a good experience. Relatively quiet for a hotel right next to the Highway. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. These rooms do not have refrigerators or microwave ovens. There is a breakfast room with hot and cold breakfast items. "To go" bags are available, upon request. (The cinnamon rolls are good.) Our elderly parents stay here about once a year, when visiting family, and they always have a good experience.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family