“Awake all night with traffic noise and headlights Chalet 4!!”
Review of The Forks Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bass Lake
The Forks Resort
Reviewed 25 August 2016

Chalet 4 is to be avoided at all costs; if you book ask what chalet or lodge you are in, if they say 4, forget it.
It is difficult to find and is either down two flights of steps from a ski slope angled driveway, or up twenty or so steps from the main road.

They direct you by way of the upper back road, so yopu do not realise how close and noisy the road junction is.

There is an intersection between road 222 androad 426 right outside the chalet about 15 feet below the level of the front doors and deck. There is nothing to stop the noise of those SUVs and their V8s acelerating up the hill from the junction past your bedroom windows and doors. Nor do the flimsy curtains do anything to prevent their headlights shining into your bedroom and also waking you up, should you be deaf!!

I am shocked that the owners would rent this to anyone, as being seemingly intelligent people, they must be fully aware that it is impossible to get a nights sleep in this chalet; hence I am writing this at 1:00 am.

I have given up trying to get to sleep as every 15 or 2 minutes another vehicle roars past, lighting up the room, and waking me again.

I am here with my wife and son and daughter, on a trip from Ireland to visit the sights of California, and planned staying here for 2 nights while visiting Yosemite. Needless to say, we will not be spending another night here and will be demanding a full refund of our money, after all we did not receive what we paid for, and holidays are a time to recharge your batteries not be awake all night.

I wait for 8:00am when the office opens to talk to the owners /manager and will update you. By that time all our stuff will be back in our car, as we will be up most of the night anyway, though it may be a long night.

Shame on you Forks Resort, Bass Lake>

Room Tip: Pick a hotel or lodge on the north shore!
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Ron G

Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Loved this one stop shop on beautiful Bass Lake. We walked into a well stocked general store to rent a patio boat (pontoon boat to Michiganders) and kayak. The employees moved through the paperwork efficiently, explaining the contract, traffic patterns on the lake and lake rules. Boat and kayak were clean and in good condition. After a couple hours of boating, we returned for burgers and fries for lunch at the Forks's restaurant on the other side of the store, a delightfully retro diner. Portions were generous, and burgers were juicy. More boating in the afternoon with a smooth return process for the water toys. Highly recommend this spot on the south side (less developed side) of Bass Lake.

Stayed: August 2016
1  Thank Marguerite D
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We stayed here for two nights while other family members camped in the Forks Campground. The cabin was perfect for one family (2 adults, 2 kids). We were in Cabin 12, which had a lovely view of the lake and was very quiet. Many of our family members staying in the campground came to visit us there and wished they were staying in the cabins instead of their RVs. Kitchen was nice-sized to make breakfast for the family and also bake cupcakes for a baby shower and lasagna for dinner.

We got food from the restaurant to eat for lunch at the beach one day, but unfortunately never had the opportunity to eat there. They had a cute little store that had everything--I sent my husband to get water shoes for me because the beach was very rocky and we bought a few tubes for the boys to use in the lake.

My only complaint was that we woke up to ants in the kitchen the first morning. I walked down to the front desk to tell them and they were very apologetic. The offered to send someone up to spray, but I said I had taken care of it and they sent me back with a bottle of Raid. They also paid for the cup of coffee I was getting.

Never been to Bass Lake before, but would definitely come back to stay here, even though it was a little on the pricey side.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Great chili burger. 75th year owned by same family. Food and service were excellent. Love eating out on the patio over looking the lake. Girlfriend had cheese burger and totally enjoyed tremendously. Split on fries which were also terrific.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My sister in law booked this place for us to meet for a 4 day stay. She told me it was a cabin, and yes it looked sort of like a cabin, but ii was more like a home. Very nice lay out, clean, and has pretty much everything you could want. But hey, we usually are in a tent, so this was luxury for us; to be able to close the doors and windows to the noise from the campground down the street, and put on the air conditioner was amazing! There is a store & restaurant on site, which gets a lot of traffic during the day. The only reasons I didn't give it a 5 rating was the parking for the cabins is limited & tight, especially for a pick-up truck, and the wifi in the cabin did not work, but we managed.

The lake is super low this year, but we still had fun with our boat & kayaks. We also went to Yosemite one day, and it was only about an 40 minute drive to the south entrance. All interactions with staff went well - they appreciate their customers!

Room Tip: We were in cabin #10, which easily fit our group of 6. This cabin also has a view of the lake, and...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Been to The Forks Resort? Share your experiences!