All reviews lake view full kitchen boat rentals living area a bit tired yosemite national park visit yosemite family vacation hot tub stayed nights two queen beds minute drive coffee maker chalet loft accommodations fireplace
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

I picked this place because it was “near’ Yosemite and for other reasons like being able to stay in a chalet with a kitchen, deck with lots of cooking utensils and a bbq grill. Also there were TVs in both the bedroom and front room with a couch bed. They had a pool, fishing, boating, nearby restaurant called Ducey’s which I reviewed separately, post office and a store. We took advantage of the laundry room (please add a couple of chairs). Because the walk from our chalet to the restaurant was hilly and rigorous, we skipped the workout room. After eating a full meal at the restaurant, those three hills back to the chalet were extra hard. It really is a great place to stay except for the WIFI which is spotty at best. Other than that, the Pines is a wonderful place to stay.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We chose this location as our base when visiting Yosemite NP for few days - in spite of the relatively long distance from the park, it was the best avsilsble optikn at thd timd of booking. Tgd location is very expensive for the quality offered but I think yhis is market practice when dealing with accomodation in and around Yosemite NP. Whilst the place is a bit tired, it is however charming and the location is superb. The highlight is however the main restsurant offering high quality food. All in all, a very nice place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018

I lead adult luxury motorcoach (bus) tours and brought a group of 41 passengers plus my driver and myself to the lodge for 2 nights. From the moment we arrived, the staff was 5 star. The maintenance men shuttled my senior passengers to their rooms and/or the restaurant as there is a steep grade. They provided excellent baggage service. We had a medical situation our first morning and the front desk staff drove one of my passengers to the hospital herself, while the rest of us continued to our day in Yosemite. Outstanding!

I stayed in the spring of 2017 and the rooms were much cleaner this year, but still have their "rustic" charm. My group loved the location and the service and were very happy, inspite of the "hills" being a challenge for some.

Room Tip: If you have difficulty walking or climbing stairs, let them know when you book. Some rooms are more challenging than others.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2018

its on bass lake..the chalets are not lake facing but comfortable and clean.
nive verandah.
the restaurant is good.
has a market for your groceries.
its just a few miles to the south gate of yosemite so convenient

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Home_Away_Inc, Guest Services at The Pines Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for such kind words about our resort! We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay, next time request a lakeview chalet, I think you'd love it!
Charity Bona
Guest Services Associate

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Mother's Day Buffet was the perfect time to visit this resort restaurant known as Ducey's. The choices of food were more than plentiful, fresh, well prepared, all you could eat, served by seasoned servers who care about your needs. The view of beautiful Bass Lake right out the huge, dinning room windows was delightful and calming. Reservations were needed for this popular well appointed dinning room on this day of honoring mothers. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner during the busy Summer months and Holidays, I would suggest reservations be made. The upstairs Bar & Grill has beautiful views of the lake, indoor/outdoor seating, and good pub like food served from a different menu than the downstairs formal dinning room. Definitely the best, well priced, delicious breakfast in town, in a Lodge like atmosphere with views of lake activities.

Stayed: May 2018

Dear guest,
Thank you for such a wonderfully eloquent review of Ducey's on the Lake and your experience with our Mother's Day Brunch. It sounds like you really had a great time, and we hope to see you again soon!

Charity Bona