“Excellent place for a curry!”
Review of British Raj

British Raj
Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Crayford
Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 January 2018

We have visited here twice now, once with friends and then once as a couple. The food and service is brilliant and is so reasonable. There are always members of staff walking around so they are always there for help/service when needed. The food is lovely. Russell is brilliant and always makes people laugh by entertaining them at the table etc. Even do takeaway now.

Would definitely visit again and worth a visit!

Reviewed 19 January 2018

Lovely warm welcome, like walking back in time. Meals come out hot and food is hit and miss. Second time of visiting and my impressions remain the same. This place needs to keep the good and update the bad.
Food is no great shakes, starters you can’t really mess them up. When it comes to main courses food is over run by onions, no matter what the dish you have to hunt for your meat under onions and then your lucky to find 3/4 pieces.
Passable food, not somewhere I’d dine weekly as I always judge a restaurant by its toilets. If they are clean you can be sure the kitchens are. Sadly the toilets here are filthy. Save money on the roses and give the toilets a thorough bleaching, look like they’ve not been cleaned since the 70’s.
Sorry guys, not good enough by today’s standards.

1  Thank Elle59
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We recently visited here as a family. It was loud I had to shout across the table. I had to ask 10 times for a coke. They forgot my starter then didn’t even apologise. Dropped more plates than asking how our food was.
The food wasn’t hot.. luke warm and didn’t even finish it. They didn’t even ask if I wanted to take it away just took it from the table.
Then asked for the bill - 45 minutes later dying of thirst I actually got the bill they then undercharged me then come back as we was leaving and the waiter said he has undercharged us and then tried to over charge us.
Only decent thing we got out the night was a red rose.

There’s a curry house down the bottom that’s much better than here (least you can see in there)

Reviewed 5 October 2017

First visit in a while when i recently visited for dinner with friends.
I decided against my usual dish and went with the Salmon Tikka Korai. The salmon was cooked perfectly. The sauce is medium so I asked for some extra spice which enhanced the dish.
I did find the service slightly rushed which was strange considering the restaurant was not at full capacity. Overall though another good meal from one of my favourite local curry huts.

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

I have been coming here since I was young and my parents have been going long before that. The staff are all very friendly, welcoming and easy to get along with. The food is always outstanding and the restaurant always has a very relaxing feel allowing for a great meal.