“Great Mexican food”

Ranked #7 of 138 Restaurants in Bellflower
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 12 June 2017

I like the old school ambiance of this place. My relative took me here, she frequents here, we went here to eat dinner, I liked it. The food was great, especially all of the different meal combinations you can get. Great service. They even offer custom combinations for you.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I don't know why I didn't think to review Enrique's sooner. I've been going here for years, and it is one of my top two local Mexican restaurants. Although some reviewers like the other Long Beach location on PCH, the Enrique's off the 91 freeway is my number one choice. I like it because the booths have very high backs, so it feels private. The food is always hot, fresh, delicious, and consistently authentic. The servers are friendly. When you first sit down, you will be served the best chips and salsa - and everyone gets their own little bowl of salsa! No worries about double dipping. I highly recommend the posole. It comes with all of the toppings, and it is perfect anytime but especially a cool or rainy day. Other favorites include the mushroom quesadilla, which defies description, and the potato taquito - too delicious! I also love the ensalada revuelta, which is crisp and fresh with cucumbers, red peppers, and a tasty pepita dressing. Finally, leave room for dessert. The plantains with caramel and ice cream is over the top. And, they have amazing cheesecake and flan as well. Clean restrooms. Wheelchair accessible. Good for large parties. Kid friendly.

1  Thank Karin W
Reviewed 17 February 2017

Have eaten here a few times when in the vicinity but my #1 pick is still the Enrique's in Long Beach (PCH). First, Enrique and his beautiful wife are in Long Beach so I am used to his cooking! Our favorite is the incomparable Pork Shank and if you haven't tried it well...whatcha waitin' for?!?!

This Bellflower branch is good but service can be improved. There were only a couple of servers and the one assigned to our table - Adriana (poor lady) was multi-tasking! She was taking orders and then would disappear to do some food chopping in the kitchen. Inspite of it all she remained calm and still assumed a good disposition. We also had the Revuelta Salad (good).

If you haven't been to the Long Beach branch then this branch will suffice.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Without a doubt this is our fav Mexican restaurant. We started going here in 1994. We have tried almost every item on the menu and have introduced many of our friends to the place. Carmen and her crew run a great ship. Now when we dine there I usually order off the specials for the day menu. My 2 favs are the braised pork shank and the pork chops. They offer so many other specials that it makes it difficult at times to choose. The shrimp enchiladas are so dang good. If you like shrimp be sure to check out the shrimp cocktail. Yummy. Here too be sure to try some of the desserts. They make a great flan and smooth crème brule. We are going to miss this place when we move.

Reviewed 9 July 2015

This location has the best Mexican food and the service is excellent. It starts with the delicious homemade salsa and warm tortilla chips. The food is fresh and tasty and the fresh fish tacos are one of my favorites.