“Gourmet at it's Best”

The Greedy Ant Gourmet
Ranked #31 of 77 Restaurants in Belmont
Reviewed 17 March 2016

I normally don’t frequent sandwich shops, but a friend of mine highly recommended this one and I thought I’d give it a try. This is not your average sandwich place. Places like Togo’s, Subway, Quiznos and The Sandwich Shop are not even close. If you could imagine a gourmet deli in Italy, that has everything from the best local and imported meats and cheeses, this would be it. It’s small and unassuming, but don’t let that fool you. Mark, the owner, has taken every step to make your visit as delicious as possible. My wife and I had the Moo-shroom Melt (which is made with Roast Beef, Melted Fontina cheese, Sautéed Mushrooms & Onions, Fresh Herbs & Red Wine, Organic Greens, Local Grown Tomato and a touch of their Magic Mayo). My wife had hers without the cheese, because she’s lactose intolerant. Everything was very fresh and super delicious. We even sampled some of the cheeses that they have to sell. There is a large board in the back of the store that lists all of the daily offerings. You can sample anything you like, but be warned, you’ll end up buying almost everything you try. This place has only been in business for a little over a year and in my opinion, it’s a rare find.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Allan H

Been to The Greedy Ant Gourmet? Share your experiences!