US$159
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$192/night.

Rose Garden Inn(Berkeley)
US$190
US$186
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

US$170
US$139
Doubletree.com
  • Pool
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$164/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$129
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$155/night.

Free cancellation until 27/07
US$189
US$168
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$209/night.

US$242
US$229
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$255/night.

Marina Inn(Berkeley)
US$111
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$131/night.

Berkeley Inn(Berkeley)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$98
Hotels.com
All reviewsno elevatorgranolacafe next doorcontinental breakfastart museumuc berkeley campusqueen bedcomfortable roomschecking outbay viewconvenient locationstradalinensucbquirksconferencecomforter
Reviewed 3 May 2015

Stayed here 3 nights in a Bay view room that faced Bancroft. Room was small but very clean . Luckily the balcony made it feel a bit larger than it was. I had forgotten how loud Berkeley can be! The bay view was so distant that it almost didn't count.
Good breakfast, complete with fruit, granola, yoghurt, pastries, oatmeal. Parking is very tight right next to the hotel. Check in is at 3pm and not one minute sooner...
All in all, convenient for conducting business at Cal, but not a luxurious place like the Claremont

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2015

We just got home from a 4 day visit to Berkeley and stayed at the Bancroft. We had a great time. The hotel staff (front desk, breakfast crew, house keeping, EVERYBODY!) were over the top helpful and accomodating. I had a few OJ quirks that the front desk helped me with each morning and evening (THANK YOU!!). The rooms are small with few amenities (no fridge) but very clean & comfortable. Our room on the 3rd floor (no elevator so good exercise) had a great view of the Bay and the Golden Gate Bridge. The bancroft is right accross the street from UC Berkeley and a short walk from shops and great Dining. Even though the room had no fridge the front desk helped me out with keeping my OJ cold through the day. The front Desk staff helped us out with every need and request, always with a smile and a kind word. I HIGHLY reccomend the Bancroft!!

Room Tip: third floor with Bay View
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2015

I spent four nights at the Bancroft Hotel and enjoyed it. I liked the breakfast room, and it was one of the better continental breakfasts I've had (bananas, apples, fresh oatmeal, delicious pastries, plain yogurt, and great granola). I liked the french windows in my room and the fragrant tree just outside. The art in my room really added to the pleasant environment. The bed was comfortable and I loved the pillows. My only caveat is that I was glad I bought ear plugs -- my room faced Durant Street and there was a little late night noise. Not too bad, and not too long -- but I was glad I had ear plugs so close to a college campus.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 January 2015 via mobile

Parking lot is close by and inexpensive. Free breakfast, walk to shopping, UC Berkeley and food galore! Cute rooms - small rooms but quaint and very clean. Location is in a safe area and staff is very friendly and helpful. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2014

For my money the Bancroft Hotel is the best of Berkeley. A quaint, historic hotel, the Bancroft is ideally located directly across the street from UC Berkeley. This is perfect for anyone transacting business on campus, as I was. It is also great for Cal Alums wanting to recall their student days, and for anyone wanting to soak up some of the academic atmosphere. Inside, the Bancroft looks like new, with comfortable rooms featuring artful decor, although I find them a bit small by today's standards. I wish the Bancroft had an elevator, but staff members are more than happy to carry luggage us the stairs for anyone who requests it or, in my case, appears to be over the age of 40. The breakfast is bountiful and tasty. This is an extremely popular hotel. Many of my friends have been turned away; I always get a very early reservation.

Room Tip: I like a room overlooking campus, but to avoid the sounds of traffic, a room toward the back would be better.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business