“Smells good when you walk in...we were satisfied when we walked out.”

Mount Everest Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mount Everest Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 739 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$30 - US$31
Cuisines: Indian
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Parker St.
Description: Located in the heart of Berkeley, Mount Everest Restaurant offers authentic, organic, delicious Indian and Napalese cuisine. Enjoy watching your food be prepared in our open kitchen, where we pay attention to every detail while cooking you the best Indian food in town. Come in and see for yourself! Currently taking online reservations for dinner served daily.
Reviewed 10 December 2016

A humble restaurant serving good hearty food. If you are a real Indian food snob, this may not provide the most sophisticated tastes...but we enjoyed it. 4 kids amongst a group of 16, and the waiters took us in stride. Good service overall!

My favorite dish was the Tandoori fish, it was succulent and perfectly cooked. I also enjoyed the daal and saag paneer. The lamb curry was screaming spicy, which made everyone dive into the yogurt sauce, of which there wasn't enough. We liked the Chicken Tikka Masala more than the Butter Chicken. We also liked the garlic naan over the plain. Overall no one was disappointed. Everyone enjoyed at least 2 dishes very much.

Reviewed 6 November 2016

My wife entertained an out of town work visitor and another collaborator. Delegating me to find somewhere in Berkeley, predominately vegetarian, open for dinner, 4 stars minimum, took credit card, served alcohol and had available seats for Thursday night.

After scouring Yelp and Tripadvisor, I offered her 5 alternatives. The Mount Everest was the one chosen at random.
The service was very prompt and polite. We ordered the Sula Shiraz, and 2 beers for the guests. The Shiraz was a fail, so WITHOUT fuss or raised eyebrow the waitress suggested a different wine and replaced it immediately. This was unusually well done, without an embarrassment. Bonus points. Thank you.

The food was good at "medium" spice, I would have much preferred strong.. The 4 shared dishes were all good, but I am told by my wife that I cook better comparable meals, which suggests they could be a bit more 'developed'. For instance the Paneer tiki marsala was fine but lacked 'real' appeal for a regular south asian eater. Excellent Nan.

I would go there again. The average per person including tip was $26.50, which puts it the totally affordable range.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

I love Indian food, and don't often run into a Nepalese restaurant. The food was good, but not excellent. I had the vegetable samosas, which were fairly standard; the green sauce for dipping was the best thing about the meal - it was spicy and very flavorful, moreso than I am used to. I then had the Palak Paneer, my favorite Indian dish. The dish tasted like it was prepared fresh, but it also was not very flavorful; I had asked for medium spicy, but it was extremely watery and bland. They did have the option of brown rice, which I liked. There are other Indian restaurants in the area of the Berkeley campus, but I won't have time to try any for comparison. Service was rather slow and very minimalist.

Reviewed 17 June 2016

We stopped by for a quick lunch here and ordered the standard lunch, which comprises of a few fixed items plus a dish (main course) of your choice.
I asked for Palak Paneer and the others ordered Paneer Tikka Masala and Chicken Saag.
The food is tasty, prices are pretty reasonable, the total cost coming to less than $26.
Service was friendly, pleasant and prompt.

Reviewed 25 May 2016

The restaurant was packed with people and we had to wait for more than half an hour even it was 8 pm. The food was ok but not great. The best is the naan bread. I had better chicken tikka and other dishes before in other Indian Restaurants. So, it was so so.