“Intimate spot; excellent food and ambience”
Review of La Note

La Note
Reserve with OpenTable
La Note is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 747 Restaurants in Berkeley
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Durant Ave
Transit: Downtown Berkeley Bart station 4 blocks away
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Had dinner with work colleagues. Didn't know much about it, so we appeared without a reservation. They accommodated us, though in a tiny table, only about 2 feet from the guitarist.

Despite all these, these small things, I would gladly return. The food was delicious. Had soup of the day followed with the Feuillete St Jaques, a puff pastry filled with salmon, scallops and shrimp. Highly recommended.

Service was good. One note - no alcohol license, with a very high corkage fee. Also, they automatically add 20% service fee for all, no matter the size of the party.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

My friends and I went here on a Saturday. There was about a 15 minute wait. We were so excited because we'd seen pictures of the food and it all looks amazing. I ordered the pancakes with the rasberry swirl, they got the french toast and home fries. The presentation of the food was great, and the location and setting is fabulous, but the food was just good. I'd go back, but I wouldn't order the same thing again.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We enjoy our annual visits to La Note when we visit Berkeley. Great breakfasts and wonderful coffee,too! You might need to wait for a table - but it’s worth the wait!! Yummy!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

I ordered a pan cake was on point!! Its was nice people working there. I’ll return this place. Staff was really friendly and service was really good

Reviewed 14 November 2017

This charge has nothing to do with the food. Berkeley passed a minimum wage hike. The 20% is like a tip for all employees. We were then invited to add extra for our waitress.
The food was tasty and well presented. My husband and I split a green salad and a Charcuterie and cheese plate. Plenty for us. The bread was wonderful Our waitress was attentive.