“Very often the perfect meal....”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Miyuki Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #363 of 735 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I'm sure that their food is consistently wonderful, and on certain days their food just matches the weather and my mood perfectly - and life is wonderful beyond belief.

Their sushi is fresh and tasty, made while you watch by their expert sushi man. And I always get the dish that I find myself longing for when I'm out of town - the Miyuki Special, which is several kinds of tempura, some great sashimi, and a choice of salmon, chicken or beef teriyaki (I take the salmon).

Wait staff is courteous, attentive and prompt, prices are encouraging, and the neighborhood is a long line of established businesses - a theater, bookstores, and lots of window-shopping shops.

Open 7 days, lunch & dinner - 1130a to 230p & 530p to 10p // weekends 12n to 3p & 530p to 10p.

Go there: you'll love it.

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Went for lunch. Have been here before but not recently' now I remember why I haven't been back in a year or two. Ordered Raiders roll which was crabmeat inside (was ok crab meat not fabulous) and tuna and caviar on top. tiny pieces of tuna which were not super fresh. Frankly, nothing seemed super fresh. It wasn't rotten or bad just not today's fish but probably 2-3 days. The flavor and textures gave that away

Walked in and was only one at sushi bar. Sushi chef was most unfriendly and I waited 10 minutes before he decided to great me and quickly ask what i wanted. watched the olympics on tv. wait staff did not come over even in that time. place had maybe 4 tables of people but was not super busy. service was bad and noone asked if everything was okay or if i wanted more. they came back to say the sushi bar was closing and did we want anything more.

I did not feel very welcomed there and although it wasn't a total bust would probably think twice before i returned here.

Ordered hamachi kama and that was old too. It was small and pricey 12.50. the fish was not super fresh.

Ordered spider roll and was not that tasty or crunchy.

Ordered scallop tobiko hand roll and it leaked a lot of water out of the bottom of it when i lifted it up to eat.

the bill with tip came to $50 and I certainly do not think it was worth more than $25.

I heard there is a lunch special for 9.95 which might be worth it at that price.

1  Thank mdbrod4
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed 14 January 2008

My usual sushi place, nice sushi chefs and great service!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook