“Not much variety but good quality and value”
Review of Musashi

Musashi
Ranked #144 of 757 Restaurants in Berkeley
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

The rolls and the fish where fresh and tasty. Just wish they had more choices on the menu. Very basic. The seaweed salad was also good but again, very basic. It is off a very tiny side street. Seems like an old, dirty, rundown area, lots of panhandlers. Shocking this is the location of the University of California Berkeley.

Reviewed 5 February 2015

Food arrived on a variety of beautiful ceramics. Outstanding grilled items, try the tongue and the squid. Order a dinner and they will give you salad, miso soup, and pickled vegetables along with the main (meat and sautéd veg). Great selection of sake. Excellent value for the price; happy hour until 7pm. Attentive waitress. Traditional Japanese feel. Recommended!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

"ohukuro no aji" That is what their sign outside says and It is so true. I've had various items here and 90% of them satisfies my japanese food needs. Agedashi Tofu, Chicken Kara-age, ika yaki, kakuni, gyu-don, chawan mushi, tempura to name a few are all good. Im not a fan of their wappa meshi but it very affordable price for what they put in them and what you get from the whole meal. Actually everything in general is very affordable, definitely less pricey than some of the other restaurants around them. In general I'd go here on a normal day over any of the other japanese restaurants that are in berkeley.

Reviewed 1 November 2011

While taking my Daughter to college this fall we stopped for lunch at this restaurant for Japanese food. My girls are gluten intollerant so Japanese is usually ok for us but this place was great! Very traditional place and good prices! and very good tasting!

Reviewed 17 July 2011

My husband and I went right after they opened for the day, around 5:30 pm, and were the first customers. I had two kinds of nigiri sushi, my husband had udon, and we shared some ohitashi and edamame. They also made me onigiri at my request, despite it not being on the menu. Everything was very tasty, flavorful, and not overdone in any way. The sake was a bit pricey -- $13 for a brand that usually sells for $6 in a twice-as-big bottle -- but was incredibly good. Service was fine, atmosphere was a little quiet, but then again it was before 6pm on a weekday.